Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a deer decided to hit me friday night, and pretty much won that fight.. Need a bunch of stuff, but it ended up breaking both headlights on my truck. So I was looking around today, and noticed stock headlights dont go for much cheaper than aftermarket stuff. I really liked the way those DEPO (sp?) one piece black lights looked, but had heard from alot of people on here that one piece lights fight like crap.. Also had heard the light output wasnt so hot on them. So I was kinda wondering if any of you could give me alittle more info on how one piece lights fit up, or what all needs to be done to make them fit better. Otherwise was open to any options people could suggest for new lights. If im droppin 100+ ill just get aftermarket, but was wondering what brand I should look into for the best light output/fit with the truck. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
So far I've only seen one member here say he has the Depo headlights and is very satisfied with them, his last headlights were an aftermarket 2 piece set. The main complaint about 1 piece headlights here was the alignment, but thats with the old 1pc headlights thats been on the market for a while. The Depo headlights just came out recently and they should be much, much better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
same thing happened to me the other day but it was a tree i slid into off some icy slope. i just got the black depo headlights in today and i tried getting the old lights off but i don't have the right tools so i gotta wait till tommorow to go get some loaner tools at kregen.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
All it takes is a T-20 torx bit to get the stock corners off, and a 10mm socket for the three bolts holding the headlights in. You will have to remove your bumper to get the 1-piece headlights in, which is 18MM for the top ones on the frame, and probably the same for the side brakets, but I don't have them anymore so don't know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
are u serious do you really think the bumper will have to come off cause i got a kenshaw bumper with a winch all hooked up and shit god this is the biggest pain in the ass. Ima try with the bumper on cause i have no way of taking it off i just moved up to collage and i dont have shit in the way of tools or space to work ahh

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I put my one piece headlights on without taking off the bumper.

·
Registered
333 Posts
forsure ya i mights have too take it off anyways since its a little bent up from the tree i slide into. Thanks for the quick reply

I got the corner piece off and the two bolts underneath now i need an extention for the third bolt. THis is how its looking right now and im done for the day. I went to two auto part stores and the dealership to try and get these off today but now i know what i need shoulda came on here first eh ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reiddizzle let me know how those DEPOs end up fitting up would ya. I really like the way those black ones look also and want to get them, but dont want to have to deal with any one piece fitment issues.

·
Registered
333 Posts
heres the pics i got em on... It was a hard install just because of my steel bumper and brush guard were bent into the frame. But they fit great and i am very pleased these things look sweet in person and fit better than stock.

·
Registered
333 Posts
don't mind the left fender its in bad shape i was in the kragen parking lot bashing it with a mallet in order to get these to fit( got a few fresh paint chips). Also i know i could get these to fit much better but i plan on getting the silver when not lit up turn signal bulbs in like a year so i will wait to adjust these until then... im a lazy guy with no tools gimme a break

1 - 12 of 12 Posts