Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my Durango is no drag racer but I occasionally like to have fun at stop lights (when conditions are safe).

My buddy and I were coming home from the Midnight Drags at our local drag strip, we were on a 4-lane expressway with concrete median separating traffic and no cross traffic, anyway we pulled up to a light next to a teenager in his rice equipt Chevy Cavalier, at the previous light he took off like he thought he was hot stuff so we knew he would take off again, even if no one raced him. Light went green and sure enuf he mashed it, I too got on the throttle and proceeded to walk him by about 5 car lengths before he finially gave up. :D There is No Replacement for Displacement! (except turbo/supercharged Displacement.)

Next one was a few weeks ago, a coworker was bragging about his car being fast, only saying it was a Mitsubitchy, well we walked out to the parking lot and he walks up to a Galant (not the VR4 model) I said, "Nice car" just being polite, he looks at what I'm getting in and says, "why are you driving your wifes car?!" That did it.. :evil: I knew he went home the same route I did (which is on that same road as the first kill story) As we head out I stay back hoping that we would catch a red light, he was way ahead of me, he stopped at a red light and I eased up, he revved his puny motor and I just chuckled, the light went green and we both nailed it, we were side by side until about 50 and I started to slowly pull ahead, he shut down about 70mph and I took it up to about 90 just to add insult to injury. The next day at work he says, "Man! that thing is FAST!!!" I just had to laugh because I have a big block camaro at home that would give this guy a serious case of brown trousers if he thinks my DURANGO is fast. :D ;)

Next story, same road and I'm heading into work, I'm an Officer I forgot to mention, anyway there are some teenagers in an Aurora sitting next to me at a light, the light went green and we both took off at the same pace, not flooring it but pacing one another. They layed on the gas and so did I, just staying next to them we both hit 80mph side by side and the passenger looked up at me looking back at him, he noticed my shoulder patch and my chest badge :D he quickly turned to the driver I'm guessing he said, "IT'S A COP!!" :D anyway the driver layed on the brakes so hard it looked like they hit a brick wall. :p

G

·
Ah, kids these days!! I'm smart enough to look over before the gas goes down. Smart enough to look around too. Bout 6 months ago I was coming home from work and I pass by a high school at the same time it gets out so you getta see all the kiddies and their rice. Anyway long story short... pull up to a stop light and a kid in a hopped up WS6 Firebird pulls next to me on the right. I roll my window down look over and rev it. He smiles and does the same. Light turns green... I normally accelerate. He hammers it. Red and blue lights come on behind him. He forgot to check his mirrors for cops - there was one right behind him. Hehe live and learn!:nono:

P.S. - Where are you from SLT? So ill be smart enough to look over when I see a Durango roll up next to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey SS, you are mean!

G

·
Haha, Sic... why do you say that? Because I don't wanna get in trouble the next winter when I go to Salt Lake? Or am I mean for the kid in the Firebird? :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
the firebird, did you see the cops?:eek:

G

·
oh hehe yeah i saw the cop... he had been following me for the better part of a mile so when the kid in the firebird pulled out the cop got behind him. so its the kids fault for not lookin. but yeah i was a little mean:D

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
well yeah it is his own dumb fault for not looking so oh well.. hehehe:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts