Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a problem with the A/C only working when it's turned all the way up. Has this happened to anyone before? Any ideas on a problem? It has averaged about 94 degrees here for the last few days so the A/C is being used like crazy. Thanks

Oh ya! We have the 4.7 L with about 70k on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if it only works on "high", then it sounds like you have a bad blower motor resistor. they are like 5-10 bucks and simply unplug and exchange new one. some can be bought at local auto parts stores, if not, then the stealership will have them. they are usually located behind the glove box. i have never had to change one on the durango, though. hope this helps. :mullet:

·
El Cid
23 Posts
1st post

I just got an 01 Durango w/ 80k miles two weeks ago and am having the same problem. I'll look into the resistor changeout, but is it located under the glovebox, or remove some of the glovebox fascia to get back to it? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
I had this problem under warranty. It was the resistor.
Where it's located though, I don't know.

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Try under the dash on the passenger side......its where thier at on most GM trucks.......

·
El Cid
23 Posts
Stick a fork in it.

I got to it yesterday afternoon. It was a 12 dollar part, and a 20 min repair. They have superceeded the old resistor since they had so much trouble with it. I think they are using the 2005 resistor pack. You have to snip off some little plastic tabs, but it works like a champ. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts