Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im stumped here. I know A/C pretty well so Ill state what Ive done so far.

Compressor and 3 wire binary pressure switch has been replaced. System has been charged and currently at 100 equilized with system off. Enought to cause a short cycle or compressor engagement. When I jump comp directly. I have 45 on low side 270 on high side. Give or take, 95 degrees today.

I have nothin. I have power but no ground to compressor clutch. Comp is brand new.

I have 5v into 3 wire pressure switch and 1.1 volts out. All wires from binary pressure switch have continuity to PCM.

All fuses are good and the A/C relay and I can junp the compressor and make it engage on pin 87. Does this get ground from PCM? If so what pin?

My compressor has power to it all the time. Not sure if this is normal. Even with A/C off it has power. Even pulling the fuse and relay I have power to compressor. Is this right?

I checked the evap freeze switch. It is open. Not sure if its NO or NC but jumped it and tried it open and still nothing either way.

I am baffled here and not sure what to do or check next.

Any help would be begged for right now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is a 02 Durango R/T with 5.9 v8
You said, "My compressor has power to it all the time. Not sure if this is normal. Even with A/C off it has power. Even pulling the fuse and relay I have power to compressor. Is this right? "

If you have your ac switched off, you pull out the relay and fuse, and the compressor is still on, then someone jumped the wiring.

You did not mention what happens if you disconnect the clutch electrical plug.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When you say "evap freeze switch", I think you mean temp sensor. Three wire devices are either temp or pressure sensing, they're not switches. 5V on one lead, output on another, and the 3rd is a common ground. IIRC, 2002 models don't have a clutch cycling switch on the accumulator as previous models did. The constant voltage to the clutch shouldn't be, you have a short or jumper installed somewhere. Sounds like someone couldn't diagnose the problem (probably a bad temp sensor) and then jumpered it somewhere to keep the clutch engaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts