Dakota Durango Forum banner
701 - 720 of 742 Posts
Haha well I wouldn't cheat on my current one so if I did meet her I can't say what the inside smells like.

Discussion starter · #702 ·
Got it all back together last week and it runs like a top w/ no problems at all. MSD coil fixed my problem of it breaking up in high RPMs, so I am probably gonna hold off on a box.

Now I am trying to squeeze as much power out of this set up as I can without touchin the bottom end. I am thinking for my next mod I am going to get a F&B 58mm TB, too much? 52mm is chokin it. After that, maybe an intercooler or meth and maybe turn the boost up a little. Or get a stall convertor, not sure.

Ohhh good to know. I thought a 318 would be a total dog if lifted and not regeared. Good to know.
My father has a 1500 on 31s, stick, 318.....slow as balls. I'm not sure what the stock gears are, but I know he hasn't changed them, even though I've told him too. He wants the truck more as a highway runner anyway, ie cruising around 80 MPH.

My father has a 1500 on 31s, stick, 318.....slow as balls. I'm not sure what the stock gears are, but I know he hasn't changed them, even though I've told him too. He wants the truck more as a highway runner anyway, ie cruising around 80 MPH.
i believe i said it isnt the truck i was talkin about wasnt the fastest, but it'll pull anything you can wrap a chain around

Discussion starter · #706 ·
Fuel pump went on me last night. Thankfully I wasn't too far away from home and my friend in his built xj pulled me home; beats paying for a tow. Weird that this pump went this early, I am probably going to try the srt4 pump this time if the pump is bad and not the wiring is loose or something (fuse is good),

Just ordered the pump, should be back on the road shortly.

Discussion starter · #708 ·
put the new pump in, but now it looks like the PCM is shot!!!! New one should be here on friday..

Discussion starter · #710 ·
yeah its always something with this truck. Called the company and they said that they are shipping it today, damnit! I guess it will get here monday.....

My labtop broke so I have been without a computer for a while. I am using my desktop for now, but I will try to get some pictures up that I took about a week ago. Got my new roll pan welded in as well. Truck is looking good. Next on the list is paint, brakes, bigger TB. Not sure what order or when its gonna happen LOL.

Discussion starter · #711 ·
Did some more trouble shooting today and I finally got it started. I pulled out all of the fuses and plugged em in one by one playing around with em. I then realize the 30amp fuse for the "jtec/fuel pump" was plugged in the wrong spot. It was in the "rad" terminal which only had one post so I knew it was wrong. I plugged it in the spot that was right below it and it fired right up! I must have switched it a while ago and put it in the wrong spot and never rechecked the diagram. Thanks for the help guys n now I have a spare PCM!

Discussion starter · #714 ·
Just went through some of this build thread.. Long way since I saw it in CT... That's awesome man
Thanks man.

Started leakin oil out of the front of the engine, turns out its the front main seal. In the process of replacing that now.

Discussion starter · #715 ·
replacin the front main n some other parts!

Discussion starter · #716 ·
She has been runnin like a charm. I have another big mod coming up. Hint: I am changing the interior around a little :D

Discussion starter · #719 ·
damn that baby looks the part under the hood that shit looks bad ass, lets see the interior!
Thanks man, I am going to pick up my parts for my next project soon; so I havent started it yet. When I start it I will be sure to post plently of pictures!

Looking good! Haven't stopped by in a while - I'll stop back later when I have more time to read - you've been busy as usual :-D
I try n keep myself busy :banana2:

Discussion starter · #720 ·

701 - 720 of 742 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.