Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Durango is blowing cool air out of the heater. Changed the thermostat, that didn't fix it. What else should I check, or what else could this be?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Make sure you have enough coolant. Next thing to check is that the heater coil is in still working condition.

I honestly couldn't tell you how to check that, but I think that would be the next thing to check.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Have The Same Problem

HAVE YOU CHEKED IF THE A/C COMPRESOR IS TURNING ON WEN YOU HAVE YOUR HEATER ON? MINE DOES THAT BUT I DO NOT KNOW IFTHERE'S A RECALL FOR THIS PROBLEM. :help: :help: :wave:

HAVE YOU FIXED IT ALLREADY?

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,759 Posts
The compressor turns on all the time, whether you have the heat or A/C on...just a way to keep everything cycled and oiled.

Check your fluid - need to be full or you could develop air bubbles (form of vapor lock) or even collapse a hose. You should be good, unless you have a gunked up heater core.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try back-flushing the heater core. Do a search on here. Someone else talked about it. I had the same prob. Flushed the heater core & now I actually have to turn it down cuz it gets HOT! :clap2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts