Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
99 Durango gremlin behind glovebox

my problem is that i get no power anything..doors, lights, engine, etc.
All I am getting is a very annoying ticking from behind the dash/glovebox whenever you open the doors or do anything to draw current. battery is good. New terminal connections and spotless posts. sometimes you can turn the ignition(after multiple tries) and the noise will stop and the lights come on, but if you go to start it the lights go off again, no radio, no nothing but that dernd ticking again. its amazing how bad that sound grates on your last nerves!!! :cussing:

sorry if this has been covered, but i am pretty sure it hasnt as i have been looking extensively through this forum. very similar issues, but not quite what i am having probs with.

I have heard this is a really simple fix... like replacing a sensor or fuse? all fuses are good by the way.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
have you thought about it being the alternator?

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
have your battery checked at auto zone. if yo uhavnet have it tested. yo umight think its good but it might not be. had my wifes car do the same thing. and the battery was only 6months old. so have the battery ck and go on from there. if the battery is good have your charging system checked next. check all your ground wires

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
i had that happen one time and it was the strangest thing. I checked my fuses under the hood and found the big fuse for the radiator fan module was bad. I replaced it and the truck started. I have no idea how that affects it, or keeps it from starting, but it wouldn't start, I checked fuses, happend to have one of those square fuses and it was the right rating, popped it in fired right up, haven't had a problem since. Its strange. But check the fuses under the hood. I think the rad fan one is a pink square 40 amp fuse. I still don't know what that ticking sound was either. Maybe some relay built into the body control module, but it was definitely weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.