Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 99 Durango about 11 months ago and did an oil change, replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button and brakes. I also had to replace the front hub assemblies and ball joints. It still sqeaks in the front end. That's not my main concern. a few months ago after you drove several miles and warmed up, it would just die. No sputtering, it was just like it was turned off while driving. Finally a mechanic replaced the crank shaft sensor and it didn't die for about three months until last week. It'll die and after about five minutes will start again. Today I noticed that when it dies that gas guage will register empty and the "miles till empty" will just have two dashes there when the ignition is in the start postion. Usually if you turn the ignition in the start position it'll register how much fuel is in the tank and will tell you how many miles till empty. Could it be a sensor. I love my Durango but am beginning to think I bought a money pit. :help: PLEASE!

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Bump for help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel sync reset

Do you think mine possibly needs the fuel sync reset? I saw this on another thread and since I had my crank shaft sensor replaced and it ran without stalling for about 3 months I was wondering if this could be a problem. I called the dealer and they said $73. Just a thought, but would love some imput before dealing out more money for guess work. :drive:

R

·
0 Posts
how old...

is your Battery?
I had to replace on my 99 dakota, awhile back because it would not idle.
Just a thought.
good luck.
Ratbitw

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mine did that. It was the IAC sensor. Real easy to change. Sits on the back of the throttle body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope it's fixed......

I changed the IAC valve today, it stalled once but started right back up, drove it around for awhile and it's ran great since. Time will tell I guess. It's difficult when your check engine light doesn't come on, you have a lot of guess work. Thanks for your replies and for the IAC advice Rock. I hope that did the trick. :clap2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's fixed...

Just a quick follow up, the IAC replacement corrected the stalling problem. It seemed to run rough at idle, I disconnected the positive battery cable and turned the ignition to the on position for approx 30 seconds and it runs perfect now. FINALLY! Thanks for your imput. :bow:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
glad to hear your up and running. Nothing pisses me off more than when my trucks not acting right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts