Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find good yet affordable (less than 400 bucks each...) black rims.

Alternatively, any of you have experience with painting your rims with spray paint xD?

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
45 Posts
$400 per rim? You should be able to easily find good rims for that price, I know CARiD isn't loved but they've got some good prices if you don't mind waiting a long time for shipping. $150 and lower for a fairly basic black rim there, add tires and you're still in the $400 per wheel range. Finding a set of four for $400 would be a challenge if that's what you mean, if you do some research I'm sure it could be done though. You might consider looking for used rims, I'm not sure what that market looks like but it could be worth it.

As far as painting rims, there is special spray can paints for rims, they're about $50 a can for a good one I think. There are other ways of painting them too. I'm actually thinking about painting mine a hammered dark gray or black at some point, if I ever order the color matched spray can paint I picked out for the bumpers....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you considered powder coating?? If you want to get crazy wild your options are endless at

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
241 Posts
You can also apply Plasti-dip. It doesn't last forever but it looks good and is removable. It's inexpensive and easy to apply.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
19 Posts
Rustoleum makes an appliance epoxy that comes in multiple colors (including high-gloss black) that is tough as nails. It's cheap at your local Lowe's or Home Depot. I've painted lots of wheels with different types of paint and this particular paint lasted longer than any of the wheel-specific paint I've used. It goes on really smooth, too. I highly suggest it for wheel painting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize CARiD isn't adored yet they have some great costs if its all the same to you hanging tight quite a while for delivery. $150 and lower for a genuinely essential dark edge there, add tires you're still in the $400 per wheel range. Finding a bunch of four for $400 would be a test if that is the thing that you mean, on the off chance that you do some examination I'm certain it very well may be done however. You should think about searching for utilized edges, I don't know what that market resembles but rather it very well may be justified, despite all the trouble. To the extent painting edges, there is extraordinary shower can paints for edges, they're about $50 a can for a decent one I think. There are different methods of painting them as well. I'm really pondering painting mine a pounded dull dim or dark eventually,

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
45 Posts
I realize CARiD isn't adored yet they have some great costs if its all the same to you hanging tight quite a while for delivery. $150 and lower for a genuinely essential dark edge there, add tires you're still in the $400 per wheel range. Finding a bunch of four for $400 would be a test if that is the thing that you mean, on the off chance that you do some examination I'm certain it very well may be done however. You should think about searching for utilized edges, I don't know what that market resembles but rather it very well may be justified, despite all the trouble. To the extent painting edges, there is extraordinary shower can paints for edges, they're about $50 a can for a decent one I think. There are different methods of painting them as well. I'm really pondering painting mine a pounded dull dim or dark eventually,
Bruh, what is up with posting goofed up versions of other peoples posts? Literally the exact same numbers and info from my post just goofed like you don't even know English 😂 This ain't the first time either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts