Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:I have a 1998 Sport Extend Cab Dakota 5.2 V8

Factory report via VIN is P235/70R15 with the 15 inch rims

:woot:I switched these tires rims out to P245/70R16 with the 16 inch rims from newer Dakota 2004 I believe.

My question besides web sites saying my speedometer should be out 1.169 percent slower.. 60 mph will show 56.8 mpg (fix available by reprogram able by dealer for 24.95 if needed)
Other then speedometer difference everything seems great.

Is there anything else I should be worried about.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
No.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Did you confirm that the dealer can set it for that size? The dealer via the DRB usually only can program the vehicle for optional wheel sizes available for that model. 16's were not available in 98. Now that is for most dealers. I have seen a detailed post that indeed the DRB should be able to make adjustments for any wheel size in revolutions per mile. This was not a standard adjustment and most dealers will not know or will not do it.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
:wave:I have a 1998 Sport Extend Cab Dakota 5.2 V8

Factory report via VIN is P235/70R15 with the 15 inch rims

:woot:I switched these tires rims out to P245/70R16 with the 16 inch rims from newer Dakota 2004 I believe.

My question besides web sites saying my speedometer should be out 1.169 percent slower.. 60 mph will show 56.8 mpg (fix available by reprogram able by dealer for 24.95 if needed)
Other then speedometer difference everything seems great.

Is there anything else I should be worried about.
Your math is wrong, 1.2% @ 60mph is less than 1mph

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't notice the dif of speedo in town. Maybe if I get it on the highway I would notice but I will learn to live with the dif. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
odometer will be off. Unless you reprogram it.
Jixer, what size and type tire are you running on your white cota? thats a sweet looking set on those. i think yours is almost an identical to my 98, except for the crew cab on mine. and being black...so you know, almost identical. LOL.

sweet tires though!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jixer, what size and type tire are you running on your white cota? thats a sweet looking set on those. i think yours is almost an identical to my 98, except for the crew cab on mine. and being black...so you know, almost identical. LOL.

sweet tires though!
They are 265/75 r16 firestone destination m/t's. Thanks.:mullet:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts