Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 5.9 kenne bell sc 4x4. my D is lowered 3" 3" w/ djm suspension. But my drive axles dont last because they are at a weird angle instead of going straight to my wheels. i really want to keep it low, is there a different way to keep it low without messing up my ball joints.it's only the front with problems.do i have to raise to stock height.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Someone maybe can post a link to a kit? I had planned on lowering my 01 QC, but got shot down with everyone telling me I couldn't do it. I have been looking into lifting since then, I just can't leave it stock. I'd much rather be rolling 20's than 33" tires!

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
1,549 Posts
You can buy 2" drop shackles from Belltech that are for a Chevy 1500, which will fit our Dak perfect. The P/N is BEL6400
For the front, you can turn down the torsion bars to level it out with the back.

Here's a site of a guy who dropped his Dak 4X4 2" using drop shackles. He's running 275/60/17 tires, which I'll be running with R/T rims.
http://www.pbase.com/85258/dakota

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
1,549 Posts
The rear isn't a problem it's just the front end with the torsion bars which limits how far you can drop it. The only other way to drop it (like you want it) would be going with an air bag suspension, which is not cheap!!

Dak 4X4 air bagged!!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
DJM used to offer a lowering kit for the 4x4 Durango about 4 years ago. It was 1500.00 and required machining of the steering knuckles and larger wheels. The stopped selling it due to low sales and unknown problems.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
WhsNxt0266 said:
Ok guys no offence to anyone, but really dont get the point of lowering a 4X4. Is there some benifit to it?? that i dont know about? I will gladly trade my 2002 R/T for a 4X4, if anyone wants to lower a truck
Why do people want to lift 2wd? Why do people want to lower anything? Why do people want 4x4's when they never get off the road?

Just a wild guess, but I would say it is a matter of preference. If someone want so lift their 4x2 6 inches, that's fine with me. If someone wants to lower their 4x4 6 inches, that's fine with me too. Personally, a lowered 4x4 makes more sense to me than a lifted 4x2. All a 4x4 means to me is more traction in adverse driving conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.