Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was under the impression that the reason my air was only blowing from the defrost in my 98 Durango was because I broke that vacuum line while changing the heater core and AC evaporator. After replacing the vacuum line I still have the same problem. I could definitely still use that fix if you're still available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't believe no one has delt with this..nothing on my account is vacuum...I can't find any diagram of the AC and cent system...I don't want to take a 1200$ Durango to the mechanic shop...

·
Registered
2 Posts
ANSWER:
the actuator that allows air to redirect to the face is on the drivers' side, under the steering wheel. there is a metal one, that is the one that redirects to the floor, and there is a black plastic one, that is the one that redirects to the face.
the black plastic actuator has the red and brown vacuum lines going to it. pull the vacuum line off that black plastic actuator and verify there is some suction (engine MUST BE RUNNING with the selector switch on max, regular or face/feet, or face). reattach that vaccuum line, if your on the correct selection and it does not pull the bar attached to the door in, then you may need to manually pull it in because the diaphram may be stiff. it appears the bar link from actuator to door is a rivot connection to the actuator side making the install extremely tough. I'm opting for mounting the actuator further away, thus pulling on the bar constantly. i understand this will likely remove the defrost feature, but its worth it to me. hope this helps
20200504_114915.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
fyi, u will need to lay on your back on the floor board to see all of this, its tucked in there pretty good, above the gas pedal

21 - 24 of 24 Posts