Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1998 Durango 5.2L has an engine skip intermitently. I took it to the Dodge service department and they tell me the code they pull out of the computer says #2 cylinder miss. The problem is they do not know what the problem causing this is. Does anyone have any ideas that could possibly remedy my engine problem. It is running pretty good right now but I have noticed a decrease in power and decreased fuel milage also. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts
Check your wires. Might be time for some new plug wires, especially if they are that old. Also consider a new cap/rotor. Pull the suspect plug and look at it. Is it dirty or fouled? Damaged?

Pull your airhat off and look down the TB bores with the engine off. Is there excessive oil buildup inside or pooling on the bottom of the intake manifold? A blown plenum gasket can lead to fouled plugs that could cause a miss. It can also clog up your injectors, especially if it has been leaking for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Puzzled

I just got my Durango out of the shop again. This time cost me $170.00 for them to tell me they cant d=find the problem again. It has a fresh tune up on it and the engine skip still comes back every once in a while. PLEASE HELP. I am clueless as to what could be wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.