Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just purchashed my body lift, and i have a couple of questions,

1)If i know a decent amount of cars, how difficult will it be to install this.
2)Is there any special things i need, What do i need as far as jacks]
3)I have read some tech articles that say if its for a 4x4 it requries welding? is that true.
4) Do you guys have any helpfully tips that will make this easier, and less painfull and time concuming.

I know some of these questions, have probably, been awnsered before, but i just wanted to ask all my questions at one time. Thanks alot guys:huh:

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
one side at a time, Antiseze the body bolts. Take your time lifting the body up. I heard somewhere start with the front, middle, rear. I might get one here soon. and go 33's

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Need the instructions I wrote up with pictures? PM me your e-mail and I'll send it. I sent it like 3 times this past month :jester: Heck you might have been one of them?

·
Got Black Dak?
31 Posts
Bl

Be prepared for some interpreting on your part on the front Bumper. The instructions are terrible for that part, it was the hardest part of mine. Other than that though man its nice just to have someone watch your brakelines while your goin up with it. If rebel didnt get u the instructions just go to Summitracing.com and look up your Body lift and download. And God i love your tire wheel combo.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol ya that was me, I was one of them, i was just had some questions, hopeing to clear some things up

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It really is easy, It's one of those things that sound difficult but isn't. I saved at least $450 doing mine myself. Then I did it again a few more times tweaking it!

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
so i just purchashed my body lift, and i have a couple of questions,

1)If i know a decent amount of cars, how difficult will it be to install this.
2)Is there any special things i need, What do i need as far as jacks]
3)I have read some tech articles that say if its for a 4x4 it requries welding? is that true.
4) Do you guys have any helpfully tips that will make this easier, and less painfull and time concuming.
i just did mine a few weeks ago. took me and buddy about 4-5 hours to do, neither of us had done one before. what helped on mine is i actually made some blocks to take up some height instead of maxing your jack out just to reach the floorpan. i screwed 2x4's one on top of the other until i had about 12-14" blocks, then put them on the jack. just make sure you lift straight and use 2 jacks simultaneously on the same side just for stability. if you have the floor shift 4x4, they include a rod extension piece to weld into the linkage. i have the turn button, so i didnt need it. they also include an extension to weld into the trans shifter if you got a stick. i didnt use mine, i just used a torch and bent the shifter to clear the dash and console. WATCH THE BRAKE LINES! you gotta stretch them as you lift the body, even tho you unbolt the bracket they are mounted to on the frame. and make sure you disconnect the ground straps under the hood that run to the firewall. i ended up having to relocate one of mine. other than that, they're pretty easy. even if you didnt get a performance accessories lift, you can go on their website and download their instructions for free.

BTW boost, how you likin tho KL 71's? you got some time on then now, anything you really like/dont like? my rims will be here in 2 weeks, then its time for me to make my decision.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be prepared for some interpreting on your part on the front Bumper. The instructions are terrible for that part, it was the hardest part of mine. Other than that though man its nice just to have someone watch your brakelines while your goin up with it. If rebel didnt get u the instructions just go to Summitracing.com and look up your Body lift and download. And God i love your tire wheel combo.
Lol thank man:mullet:

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just did mine a few weeks ago. took me and buddy about 4-5 hours to do, neither of us had done one before. what helped on mine is i actually made some blocks to take up some height instead of maxing your jack out just to reach the floorpan. i screwed 2x4's one on top of the other until i had about 12-14" blocks, then put them on the jack. just make sure you lift straight and use 2 jacks simultaneously on the same side just for stability. if you have the floor shift 4x4, they include a rod extension piece to weld into the linkage. i have the turn button, so i didnt need it. they also include an extension to weld into the trans shifter if you got a stick. i didnt use mine, i just used a torch and bent the shifter to clear the dash and console. WATCH THE BRAKE LINES! you gotta stretch them as you lift the body, even tho you unbolt the bracket they are mounted to on the frame. and make sure you disconnect the ground straps under the hood that run to the firewall. i ended up having to relocate one of mine. other than that, they're pretty easy. even if you didnt get a performance accessories lift, you can go on their website and download their instructions for free.

BTW boost, how you likin tho KL 71's? you got some time on then now, anything you really like/dont like? my rims will be here in 2 weeks, then its time for me to make my decision.
Damn man thanks that is alot of good tip, this thread could be stickied, The body lift im getting is the pa 3in bl. Ya I love these tires heres the link to my facebook with the pictures of it. I got to take it mudding and i was mowing through shit over the wheels in 2wd, these tires are THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN:bow:

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So im assuming you are one of the few who know what ftn stands for...

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i read over the pa instructions last, night and it doesnt seem near as hard. Im gonna do it my self, But i guess the thing that bothers me the most and is that I didnt really understand is the 4x4 shifter modification's, (the linkage welding and the 4x4 linkage adjustments) I guess that part just seemed confusing. Can anyone help with this?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You shoulda got like a 3" stock of metal. You cut the linkage and weld in the new piece, thus making it 3"s longer. I didnt need to extend mine though, it works fine just stubby (thats what she said lol).

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
So im assuming you are one of the few who know what ftn stands for...
oh yes, very familiar with that term. how much longer for you? i had a countdown, in days, when i still had like 4 years to go :funny:

Im gonna do it my self, But i guess the thing that bothers me the most and is that I didnt really understand is the 4x4 shifter modification's, (the linkage welding and the 4x4 linkage adjustments) I guess that part just seemed confusing. Can anyone help with this?
with just the sheer weight of the body of that rango, you may want to have someone, or some people, helpin you out. thats a lot of mass your gonna have up on a jack, and the more people you can get, the safer it will be.

i didnt have to deal with the 4x4 shifter, nor have i ever owned a kota with the 4x4 on the floor, so i wont be of any help there.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh yes, very familiar with that term. how much longer for you? i had a countdown, in days, when i still had like 4 years to go :funny:

with just the sheer weight of the body of that rango, you may want to have someone, or some people, helpin you out. thats a lot of mass your gonna have up on a jack, and the more people you can get, the safer it will be.

i didnt have to deal with the 4x4 shifter, nor have i ever owned a kota with the 4x4 on the floor, so i wont be of any help there.
haha lol lmfao, june 28th is my last day. and i cant fuc*ing wait, to be home

Yea i got like 3 friends helping me

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You shoulda got like a 3" stock of metal. You cut the linkage and weld in the new piece, thus making it 3"s longer. I didnt need to extend mine though, it works fine just stubby (thats what she said lol).
I appericate it man, did you have to do anything to it at all, or it just made the shifter shorty, and look stubby like she said:woot:

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didnt have to do a thing.
Do you think you could snap a quick picture for me so i can see what it looks like stubby.... the 4x4 knob off course

1 - 20 of 23 Posts