Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all.. Hey just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the tow / haul button on the shifter on a console shift... Mine does not work at all, nor does it shift the tranny down if I push it on the highway.. Any ideas where I should start looking?? Thanks...

Chris
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada eh...

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Well, the OD off button is a simple momentary switch. Nothing more...

Time to get a wiring diagram and see where the wires go. I'd start at the computer or trans (wherever the wires go to) and see if you can get continuity with the button. The switch circuit may be normally closed, so try it with the button idle and with it pressed in.

If you get continuity, it's a computer issue. If you don't get continuity, it's a switch/wire issue.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I'm not sure positive, but I think those wires would go to a computer somewhere. The overdrive is electronic on your trans...

It's possible something is loose on the trans though, never know. Best way to find out would be to track down a wiring diagram and start following the electric.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How cold was it when you tried to push the switch?

I had the same thing happen to me when it was extremely cold up here,(Edmonton) apparently the transmission tries to protect itself from damage when it's cold and doesn't shift into the highest gear until the temperature comes up. Turning off the OD has no effect when this happens. Does the light still come on in the gauge cluster?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts