Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an extended cab frame and the extended cab shell for $200. I'm pretty sure that my hole front end (fenders, hood, everything up there) and the bed will go right onto it. I just wanted to double check on here, so do you guys know if I am correct. I dont see why there would be a difference in any of it except the frame and the cab itself which is what i bought.

Thanks

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right, sweet. The cab already comes with the doors. The only thing it doesn't have is the front seats, dash and the headliner. Which I think My dash and front seats will go into it. I'm fairly positive about the dash but as for the seats, unless one of you guys knows, i will just have to wait and see if it will match up. (It did have a front bench seat, which is what is in my truck. That is why i think it will match up)

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome, Thanks a lot

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had another thought, this new cab doesnt have any door windows, so will The window glass out of my current doors fit in the new ones?

I am ppicking it up saturday. Just trying to get an idea of what I can and can't use.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Doors will swap if need be... RC and CC doors are the same. It's the QC and Durango doors that are different.

97 was a somewhat strange year for some things, so wiring may be a little different. Mechanically it should be fine though.

18,185 Posts
Doors will swap if need be... RC and CC doors are the same. It's the QC and Durango doors that are different.

97 was a somewhat strange year for some things, so wiring may be a little different. Mechanically it should be fine though.
I always fuck that up :sorry:

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alrighty, thanks guys for the quick responses.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
head liner wont fit.... its too short :funny:

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I picked it up saturday:

the frame:

heres my golf cart, :)

I stripped the rest of the interior today.

After I am all finished up I figured I would make a how-to thread on it, do you guys think that would be a good idea or is it too uncommon for a how-to thread. I don't know anyone else that has converted a dakota from standard the extended/club cab.

Also, I picked up the service repair manual for my year truck. If you don't have one and you work on your own truck, then I would suggest you get one. They are very helpful, especially with what i am doing. Gives all the wiring schematics, pretty much everything you can think of. I got mine at Pep Boys, It was $19.99, so they are cheap.

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
There going to be any title issues since you are swapping frames and will have differet vin tags on the cab?

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just going to switch the tags. I think if i remember correctly that they are on the front of the dash by the windshield. And I am putting my dash in there so it wont be too much of a hassle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts