Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive been reading everyone elses swaps of the 3.9L to the 5.9L. I bought a 95 dakota with the 3.9 2wd single cab. I have a 5.9L out of a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 everything I have read there using a newer Dakota mine is an older one I am not sure how/if it will work. i have the wiring harness for the 5.9 what PCM will I need a 99 5.9L or a 95 5.9L? as far as i have heard trans bolts up. a buddy of mine is a retired chrysler tech i am sure he will be able to tell me whats up and what ill need but he's in the islands for another month so im looking for help now lol :jester: any help would be greatly appreciated i know there are alot of guys who have done this swap so a little help would be awesomee

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nothing to it. You will have to use a 95 5.9 module. Buy a harness or run the wires for the two extra injectors. You will need the converter from the 5.9 or the weight kit from M.P. I assume it is auto. Buy some injectors for a 95 as the ones from the 99 will not plug into your harness. Old 5.0 mustangs use the same style injector as your 95. Use the 5.9 balancer......drop in hole. You will need to buy a fan shroud or run electric fans. And if you can't find a 5.9 module a 5.2 Module will run a 5.9 great. Most people do not agee but I have run my 5.9 for years on a 5.2 module with 0 problems. If the sensors on your 5.9 will not plug in to the 95 harness just use the sensors from your 3.9. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts