Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a line on a 92 4x4 std. cab short bed with a blown 5.2 for a good price. I have also found a 92 5.2 from a van and a 2001 5.9 from a Ram for the same money. will the 2001 5.9 work?

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
yes just use the 5.9 as a long block replacement for the 5.2. and keep the 92 exhaust manifolds as they have a larger inner diameter.

also might want to do the Kegger mod while you have it apart and get one of Dwights Tb's

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Well I did a swap of a 99 360 into my 92. There is a little bit more than has been said that is involved but it is easy and straightforward. You will want the manifolds from your 92 as they are larger. As long as your sensors from the 318 motor are not shot swap them into the 360... if shot replace. All the wiring is the same. You will the the harmonic balancer from the 360 motor. The 318 is internally balanced... the 360 externally hence why you need it. You will have to grind one of the four holes slightly to get it to bold up the the torque converter but it will work. You might try to find a Mopar PCM for a 93-95 360 or 92-95 318. Your current computer will run it but it might be lean.

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Well I did a swap of a 99 360 into my 92. There is a little bit more than has been said that is involved but it is easy and straightforward. You will want the manifolds from your 92 as they are larger. As long as your sensors from the 318 motor are not shot swap them into the 360... if shot replace. All the wiring is the same. You will the the harmonic balancer from the 360 motor. The 318 is internally balanced... the 360 externally hence why you need it. You will have to grind one of the four holes slightly to get it to bold up the the torque converter but it will work. You might try to find a Mopar PCM for a 93-95 360 or 92-95 318. Your current computer will run it but it might be lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts