Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m catching hell getting this fan off, can anyone help me? I’d greatly appreciate it. Everywhere I look it’s saying something about a 36mm bolt but I don’t see it, and I can’t get the fan to stop turning.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Use a breaker bar and press the belt tensioner down against the belt. Should lock it down enough to break the bolts loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 109949 I’m catching hell getting this fan off, can anyone help me? I’d greatly appreciate it. Everywhere I look it’s saying something about a 36mm bolt but I don’t see it, and I can’t get the fan to stop turning.
Yes, there is a tool for that, at it less expensive than getting stitches at the hospital.
GEARWRENCH 4 Pc. Pulley Holder & Fan Clutch Tool Kit - 3472
My review in amazon for the tool after I bought it and use it, under AlexCK
The tool is for the fan below HD fan clutch 98 Durango, 5.2 L V8, 4x4, HD cooling System

IMG_20200520_203641.jpg

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,411 Posts
Yes, there is a tool for that, at it less expensive than getting stitches at the hospital.
GEARWRENCH 4 Pc. Pulley Holder & Fan Clutch Tool Kit - 3472
My review in amazon for the tool after I bought it and use it, under AlexCK
The tool is for the fan below HD fan clutch 98 Durango, 5.2 L V8, 4x4, HD cooling System
That's a fantastic tool for the Magnums, and I have the Ford version for my 1991 Cougar with the 5.0HO.

HOWEVER.

If you'll look at the picture Rjdavis803 attached, you'd notice that his fan attaches differently. And this tool is a waste of money for him.

Good tool, though; just about as appropriate for him as a Chevy LS distributor set ...

RwP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a fantastic tool for the Magnums, and I have the Ford version for my 1991 Cougar with the 5.0HO.

HOWEVER.

If you'll look at the picture Rjdavis803 attached, you'd notice that his fan attaches differently. And this tool is a waste of money for him.

Good tool, though; just about as appropriate for him as a Chevy LS distributor set ...

RwP
Exactly. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts