Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
136, 90 is way too small. You can check the alternator in your truck, it should say on it, but I'm pretty sure they never offered a 90 amp alternator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the auto parts store and they when they pulled up my motor it show two different alternators a 90 amp and a 136...the numbers on my alternator didn't come up in their computer...90 seems a low

·
The Anti-RUB
1,723 Posts
If its not written on the alternator somewhere, contact your local dealer's parts department. They should be able to look up what came stock on your ride based on your VIN number. Good luck...

·
408,R3,Indy Heads,Twin66s
2,373 Posts
They should interchange, just get the 136 and as long as it physically mounts, you are good to go.

·
the blue blur...
1,863 Posts
i've got a brand new in the box 136 amp replacement for sale right now if you are interested and haven't gotten one already. $95 shipped or make another offer. just need it gone at this point, let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to Amazon it took me 3 hours to find it!!. I get a 250 amp for $160 and be dun with it!!. I got a big stereo and the peace of shit stock left me on the side of road 2 times. I live in the boondocks in its defense I got Evans and a bunch of stuff. Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts