Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 9.25 axle in the "stock R/T" category, but fits any 2wd truck. has the stock 3.92 gears, and the factory limited slip diff. also has the mounts to bolt a rear sway bar to it.

I've done a viper brake swap to it, and could leave it or remove it.

Price depends on how you want it...

stock w/ drum brakes bolted back on it -- $200

w/ viper caliper brackets welded to the axle -- $250

w/ complete viper brake set-up -- $700

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you still have stock small front brakes, no need to worry, as long as your RWAL still works, these do not prematurely lock up. I conducted hard stop tests with these after installing them, and despite having giant brakes on the rear of the truck that has no weight, I did not lock up the rears at all.

the fronts on the other hand...

(note...if you buy as complete WITH full brakes, calipers will not be the ones I painted blue...unless you toss in some more coin!)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I wish this was for a 4x4!

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does a pair of axle perches cost at the 4x4 shop? $50? Lol

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
Wish you were closer, bump for a good dude.

·
Stop Staring
561 Posts
Why do you tempt me.....i tell you what......um.........would...would you ship it?

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure. I can find a pallet, but it will be longer than the pallet...it won't be cheap to ship...probably several hundred

I shoulda posted this a few weeks ago... I JUST drove through Arkansas last week, from Memphis to Texarkana!:jester:

There's a chance I may make that trip again, but no promises.

·
Stop Staring
561 Posts
*throws hands up* what the hell man?

Lol....well im buying a bumper cover off here anyways but....i still really want this...if you do make the trip again please tell me and even if you dont im still interested. How many miles are on it?

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sent you a PM...letme know if you don't get it...this website is being retardedly slow tonight. (fucking ads from the auto-conglomerate website ownership:rant:)

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why you selling?
with the T-56 going in, I can go back to a 4.56 rear gear and still turn reasonable RPM on the highway. I picked up a complete 4.56 axle out of Kentucky.

I'm going to re-do my rear viper brakes onto the new axle, but figured if it helped the sale, I'd leave them on this axle too, and just buy new calipers/rotors for the new axle.

so far though, out of the people who've PM'd me, they aren't all that interested in the rear viper brakes, and want it with drum brakes.:huh:

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics? I really want a detroit true trac for my 4.56 axle:jester:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts