Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which size throttle body would be the best for me. all i have done to my r/t now is the kn fipk and the transgo shift kit. i was leaning more towards the 50mm f&b b ut any info will help.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
02SilverRT said:
Just wondering which size throttle body would be the best for me. all i have done to my r/t now is the kn fipk and the transgo shift kit. i was leaning more towards the 50mm f&b b ut any info will help.

go ahead and jump on the 52mm...not that much diff in price and later when ya do more (ya know ya is gonna do it) you are not spending $$$ twice.

·
Registered
504 Posts
A 50mm at 866cfm is good for 500 HP and the 52mm at 972cfm is good for 600hp engines. The size is not as important as the air flow, bigger does not mean more air flow.

Check to see what the air flow is from the manufacturer. Some 50mm T/B flow a lot more then the 52mm T/B.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i am going to definetley install a cam and rr's along with other mods down the road. which is a better tb to go with the fastman or the f&b? i'll be willing to pay more for better quality but is it really worth the extra money to buy the f&b?

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
02SilverRT said:
yea i am going to definetley install a cam and rr's along with other mods down the road. which is a better tb to go with the fastman or the f&b? i'll be willing to pay more for better quality but is it really worth the extra money to buy the f&b?

YES!!!... that Fastman takes a stock TB and bores it out. the F&B is CNC machined from a solid chunk of billet aluminum or stainless.

you have several options for a TB.... Fastman, Holley and F&B... all have there pros and cons(cost being the major factor), you ll get varying opinions on this. most who go with a Fastman eventually get the F&B and are much happier.

check the Delphi R/T forums, usually find one up for sale.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is my current question as well, just with a little different setup and needs. I need more low end get up and go, the supercharger does very well past 15mph, would opening up my TB to 50mm help me here? or would a 52mm be the ticket for my application?

Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts