Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand the new trucks use a 5 lug hub - is this true? If it is, what is the bolt spacing on it? I'm looking to do a conversion to 5x120mm if its possible. I have a great set of wheels sitting in my garage doing nothing. I figure that if the new trucks still use the 9.25 rear setup, then it should just be an axle and hub swap, and maybe some hardware.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
its a 5x5.5 or 5x139 for you metric guys. the rims that fit on that lug pattern are full size rams, new durangos, older jeeps, ford f150, Kia sorento.
the ONLY reason I know this is because my wifes Sorento has that lug pattern
Sorry man there is no way youll fit those rims on there UNLESS you go have your front hubs rotors and axle shafts and drums redrilled for that lug pattern.
OR use adapters which wouldnt be my first choice

Rob

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right - adapters are out of the question. I've seen the damage that can result from that.

Ok, so I need to have a custom shop redo the hubs. Maybe I'll just get a set of BMW rotors and have the hubs matched to them so I don't have to guess at parts. I know just the shop here to handle this too.

This will have to happen a bit further down my list, because it doesn't add any HP. :D

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Yeah no problem. Im not sure if you can use BMW rotors unless they are the same size thickness and have the same specks as our stock rotors.
I think the reason most people dont do it is the cost and hassle of removing their drivetrain to get it drilled. thats why most do adapters.
Rob

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I believe that you can use the five lug hub/bearing from earlier Dakotas. The same would go for the rear axles. I'm not sure about the new ones.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nope, the original Dakotas were 5 lug. Now they are back to five lug. I would look at the possibility of installing the Gen IV parts.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
old thread but has anyone actually done this swap yet? I have a friend wanting to do that same thing... I suggested possibly using parts from the same-year Ram but I didnt realize the new Daks were 5-lug....

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
old thread but has anyone actually done this swap yet? I have a friend wanting to do that same thing... I suggested possibly using parts from the same-year Ram but I didnt realize the new Daks were 5-lug....
havent seen anyone do it yet..but the gen 4 dak stuff SHOULD work...the rear axle would be easy...but for the front it may be more than just a hub swap...you may end up needing the entire spindle setup

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
ya i'll tell him to look into it but it'll be hard to find a wrecked Gen4 and new parts are too expensive to risk it not working lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts