Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin in to upgrading the ole 3.9l to a little beefier motor has any one upgrades their dakota b4 if they have could tell me how it was and any probs :help: :banana2:

V

·
0 Posts
Badass swap man, i got the 3.9 liter too, if you do end up doing a swap and have any performance parts on your 3.9 that you want to get rid of let me know, good luck.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You want to upgrade your 3.9 to a 5.9 at a time like this (with gas prices so high)? Haha I'm actually buying a daily driver in the next couple of days so I don't have to drive my 5.9 on a daily basis, it is at the point where i'm fed up with pulling into a gas station every other day. However, I doubt the swap would be a hard thing to pull off...good luck with it!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Get a hold of Schumacher at 206-364-7151 and ask for their engine swap book. Tell them what your wanting to do and they will let you know what is needed.

The swap is straight forward but it will require some time and a wallet full of cash. I would first get the book then start looking around in the bone yards for some parts.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
yap, it is a straight forward swap. best way to do it is o find a doner Dakota, Ram or a van with a 5.9, grab EVERYTHING... motor/trans/harness and ECM.

www.engineswaps.com (Schumacher) does make it easier with all the mounts and stuff (the mounts should be avail now). takes a bit of cash and some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts