Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,
i just bought a 2001 dakota quad cab. its 4wd with the 5.9.
i lifted it 6 inches and im running 35 12.50 17s. so far i have put on a home brew style intake system, adjusted the tps to .74 volts, relocated the iat, put on a set of pase setter headders w/ cuctom exhaust system- hi-flow cats into a dual in, single out magna flow muffler. the truck runs really strong but im looking to add some more pull.. any suggestions or advise on cam/rocker set ups will be appreciated very much.

-i also have a hypertech programer ordered and im going to put in a cooler t-stat soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i have heard some people say that going to a 1.7 rr set up w/ stock cam is the way to go...? im looking for nice lowend and midrange... no looking to spin tons of rpm.

R

·
0 Posts
You could try the guys over at krcperformance.com. Dak's are all that they do so they know what they are talking about suppose. Just don't send them an email. They are too busy to respond most times, so I'd just call them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you plan on making modifications to the intake manifold and heads then by all means a new cam is in order along with a set of the 1:6 rollers. If you are not going to do work on the heads and intake then a set of the 1:7 rollers will do the trick. The Dodge Magnums already come with a true hydraulic roller cam.

Choosing a cam needs to be based on head flow. The stock heads do not flow very well so no mater what type of cam above stock you install you will not see any big gains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts