Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start off, picked this truck up with 80k on it the over week. It's got the 318 in her.
Here's my plans- Black it out.
So far the only thing done is a custom exhaust side pipe. I cut off the stock cat and muffler, then welded a single thrush pipe on w/ the o2 sensor on the end of the thrush. After that I ran it over the frame and out in front of the back rear tire with a 5 inch tip.

To come is plasti dip, yes the whole truck. I have a set of black rockstar 18's with 32's on them and 2 inch rim adapters. Also I'm gonna do 5% tint all around, except windshield. I'm gonna take out the stock bumper and weld up a newer, stronger one with tow hooks. Also as soon as I get my hands on a bender, make a bull bar. The tail lights will get blacked out eventually along with smoked fronts. I'm not sure what to do about the grill inserts, but i've got a couple original ideas. Also I scored a free rear locker, so that'll go in eventually also.

Interior is stock right now except the radio. I've got to twelve subs that'll be put in. I've got an idea to make a custom rear sear arm rest that the two subs will fit in. Also I've got some blue led's laying around I might wire up this week sometime.

Pictures will be up later! Sorry for the wall of text, but ya..
[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd482/Austin-
H42/Dakotasideexhaust1_zpsd81ee0e8.jpg[/IMG]

[/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Looks good, like the ideas definitely keep this thread up to date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, tried to put the new rims/tires today, and that was a pain in the a**. First off the adapters I revived didn't have the right lug nuts, they sent me ones that were to long. After that ordeal was solved and $25 later, I started to put the adapter on. This required me to cut the stock wheel bolts down in order for th adapter to fit. Ok that was done and finally I got the tire on. Needless to say, it rubbed beyond drivability. So we cut my front bumper a little and it still rubbed to bad... So I took it off and put the old rim and tire back on. So now I need to figure out what to so next. A couple of options, torsion keys, body lift, or 2 inch coil spacers. If its a body lift I'd prefer it to b homemade simply for cost reasons.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top