Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first 4x4 (2001 4.7L 4x4) and I'm not sure of limitions. This is that electronic "turn-the-knob-ingagement-crap" My problems is when ever I turn deep the truck won't move and sometimes when I engage it from a stand still, it locks up like the gears is not catching. Is this normal for this truck 4x4 system. And one more question for the Dakotans. As for the new Hurst short throw shifters for The Dakotas, they go up to year 2000 for the 4.7L is there anyway to make this work for the 2001? Is that much of a differance? Thanks a millon guys, Big Chris

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
you only use 4wd on slick surfaces like snow and sometimes on really wet roads and off roads. the locking your feeling is you binding the cv joints (is this right or is it called something else. but NEVER USE 4WD ON DRY PAVEMENT!!!! you will snap something expensive. well yo ucan use 4wd on dry roads but dont make turns with it on. I will turn mine on while going down a straight road for a few min to keep everyting lubed up every month.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You can't use a part time 4x4 system on dry pavement. You can use a full time system, all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.