Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put my truck in 4x4 the indicator light will not come on. I checked the bulb and its fine. Wasn't sure if the switch was iternal in the transfer case or somewhere else. Anybody had this problem before. Also my interior lights seem to be on a delay. They stay on for about 10sec. after the door is shut or the interior dimmer switch is turned off.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well does your 4 wheel drive work? I had a blazer that did a simular thing, the 4x4 light stayed on all the time, I guess it was the actuator, but all a cared about is the 4 wheel drive working. The dome light is a a delay so that is fine.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
There is a switch on the side of the transfer case for the light indication.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. on the switch, I'll have to look for it. Yes the four wheel drive does engage and dis-engage, its just the indicator light doesn't come on.

·
Registered
223 Posts
******* said:
Thanks for the info. on the switch, I'll have to look for it. Yes the four wheel drive does engage and dis-engage, its just the indicator light doesn't come on.
Mine does the same thing, I never really cared about it, I can tell when the trucks in 4WD without a light. I guess someday i'll worry about getting it fixed :biggthump

·
Registered
153 Posts
This light isn't a must-have, but it can be REALLY NICE as a reminder that you've left it in 4wd, so you don't go driving on dry pavement with it engaged!

After I got a rebuilt transfer case put in, my light did not work, but the 4wd engaged. The next time I took it in for fluid change (only about 500 miles because it was a new case) the 4wd shop fixed it. No charge, even though they hadn't installed it. They didn't say how they did it, but I'm sure it was just an adjustment. Those folks don't give ANYTHING away.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
It was prolly left unplugged. It's amazing how Mechanics overlook things like that all the time. I can't ever begin to think of how many people come in and complain that their Speedo isn't working after gettin a clutch done. Lo and Behold, speedocable was left unplugged...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts