Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I researched into mildly lifting my '98 4wd durango and came across a lot of people using rear 2" chevy drop shackles (because durango shackles are not inverted) to acquire 2"s of lift for the rear. What I havent noticed is how they seem to lift the front 2"s or so to level out with the rear? Maybe Im missing something, but I've never had a good imagination with struts. Can you just get longer struts? Im lost someone please help me :chug:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, the only 4wd's I built were old fashioned leaf sprung (and I really dont want to ruin this truck with a SAS). Doesnt that make it ride like $hit tho?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to ask "doesnt cranking the torsions make it ride like $hit?". Apologies for not being descriptive

C

·
0 Posts
If they're lifting the rear 2", then cranking the t-bars will never get it level. You can get 2" MAX of lift from cranking, but that's pushing it, most I know (incl. me) won't go above 1-1.5". The higher you go, the more stress you put on an already weak front end ;) and yes, it makes the ride a bit worse...but nothing terrible.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well considering the rear is gonna have a 2" shackle lift it will end up being a total of 1" of lift to the rear, so I'd rather a half inch more lift in the front to help level the truck out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts