Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
What would I need to swap the t bar suspension onto a 2wd? All I can think of is the bars, lower control arms, and the cross member. Am I missing anything?
Only question would be why? If you want 4x4 you forgot diff and t-case. The factory t bar suspension sucks so you would be better off keeping the coils or just having someone build you a set of lower so you could run coilovers.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm looking strictly suspension. The 2wd lift is 3/2 and the tuff country is 5.5/5. I'm building for the pre runner look.
Do it right and have someone build you arms and go coilovers in that case.

The cost of the tuff country + parts for the stock parts would not be cheap and you would be stuck with a shitty suspension design. If you do it right and want to stay 2wd then find a mid or long travel setup and fit it to your truck. Better ride and you will actually be able to use the truck if you want to. Don't go backwards and swap in tbars

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What makes it a Shit design?
Lack of travel.
Crappy ball joint life, even worse when lifted.
Lack of clearance.
Design was changed slightly so many times it has no aftermarket following.

You obviously haven't a clue as to what is involved to change from the coil spring design to the torsion bar design. Practically nothing will swap over from the 2wd to 4wd frame without major surgery.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
If you really have your heart set on a 4wd front suspension, find a 4wd frame and swap bodies...leaving out the 4wd drive components.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts