Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some good knowledge of a swap I need to do. I have a MS 44re built tranny and stall converter that I bought from FastMan and was installed in my 98 5.2L (which is now wrecked). I want to get more information on swapping that into my 99 R/T. A year or so ago I was told this would work but didn't get alot of details about it. I went to a local guy this morning and he said we won't do it because it's not a swap he thinks can be done.

:huh: Totally helpless when it comes to the transmission. Hoping for some good help!

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Double check the connector pinouts between the two vehichles for the solenoid pack. Mechanically I don't think it will be that hard to get in there.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i just got done doing this. i dont have overdrive unless i use the computer from my old 5.2 and it says no bus with a CEL.

otherwise its good.

im using the 5.2 computer so i get better gas mileage lol.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Did you bother checking the pinouts at the PCM? It could just be one wire that needs to be moved...

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if I want to start messing with swapping the computers. I didn't think it was that involved. It's still my daily, and I'd hate to not have the computer working correctly.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Did you bother checking the pinouts at the PCM? It could just be one wire that needs to be moved...
no sir. havent had time. since the trans has been in i havent stopped driving. i been moving my girlfriend. we empied like her entire house today. 2 story with a full basement. sucked ass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just did a swap with my durango 46re to 44re and the only problem i am having is that i cant get the starter to bolt up to the transmission. all of the electrical connectors are the same and the shift levers line up ok. i have both drive shafts on and hooked up. the top starter bolt will not line up. i even swaped starters and got the same result. anyone wanna help me out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts