Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can help me with this problem? It is a 2000 Durango R/T, 5.9, 4wd, 46RE transmission. I have dropped the pan, installed the low speed governor solonoid and the pressure sensor, and of course cleaned the valve body, adjusted the bands (front band was loose enough that the actuator bar had fallen out), and new filter/oil)
After all that, it made no difference except I had a big red stain on my garage floor and the wife's car is outside, NOT good.
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
01 Durango R/T
239 Posts
Hate to give you the bad news, but it sounds like it is time for a rebuild/replace.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
i agree with the rear clutch being fried. did u get it hot? i did a 97 ram 2500 with same issues. had forward for a while but it got real hot then just wouldnt move in forward gears. the coolerwas plugged solid. ruined the tranny. good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like you're all on the right track with the low gear clutches being toast.
Once the trans is put in any forward gear, the low gear clutches engage and stay engaged. If they're gone, you'll get no forward gears.
If you put the shifter in manual low and it moves, but not in Drive, it's probably the sprague.
If it will not move in manual low, or Drive, either one, you've probably toasted the clutches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
please help

i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9 magnum it has a 46re trans and i was driving it and i lost all forward gears and when i put it in to low 1 it will go in revers can some one give me some info on what it could be... i just replaced the trans last winter thanks jeff t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts