Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know a place that makes them or will this be a custom deal?

Can it even be done? I know the 440 mopar bolts up to it so size isnt an issue anything else I need to think about?

I think I might just junk the 318 my rusty ramcharger has in it because I will spend much more rebuilding it then just getting an adapter.
My 454 is fresh and I have a second 454 for parts (both run and are pretty much new)
I know the mopar gods will be angry with me for even thinking about sticking a cubby chebby engine in it but money talks and at the moment my wallet is silent :rant:, this seems to be the most logical and cost effective to get it running.

·
I drive with two feet
1,616 Posts

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Cheaper to have a new transmission cross member made and use a GM tranny too.

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can make the crossmember for free lol and in stainless. Iv got lots and lots of plate and enough sheetmetal for the whole thing im going to be ordering a few sticks of tube here soon.

I might be thinking about running a dual t-case setup for a few pto goodies like a hydraulic pump to run the massive hydraulic winch Iv got from the boat trailor that held the boat thta I yanked the engines out of in the first place.
The winch has enough umph to yank a 40' boat fully loaded out of the water and up on to a dry trailor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts