Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding inbetween these two mufflers, the 40 delta( http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/40delta.html?id=nYJVyxS3 ) and the 50 delta ( http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/50series.html?id=nYJVyxS3 )

Does anyone know if there is that much of a difference inbetween the interior noise on these mufflers? Any Pros/Cons? Is it loud while cruising on the highway, about 1750-2200 RPM's? My dad doesn't want to hear it while in the truck that much, so I definetly can't go with the normal 40 :rant:.

Thanks in advance :drive:

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Just put the normal 40 on man, :biggthump lol your dad will love it once he gets used to it. Or you can put the 40 or 50 delta on and gut em. Believe me your going to hate regreting not putting something on thats louder then the delta's. I got sick of mine not being loud enough so I put turndowns on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to convince him to get the normal 40. I don't really know why he doesn't want the truck loud, seeing how the race car we drive is 100+ Db's with a glasspack :mullet:

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Screw that crap.... I have a 50 series delta flow... and it's loud as a mother on the highway. On long trips you get a numbing sensation that continues on for hours after you've already met your destination.

If this muffler will be going on a vehicle for your father... I suggest getting the 70 series... it's quiet... yet it has a good tone when you want it to.

Paul

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Go super 40, if not get the 40 you don't want to spend the money on an exhause system and not be happy. I am not sure witch Flowmasters are on my Stang, the cat back was on it when i got the car, but the are not loud enuff.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
Go super 40, if not get the 40 you don't want to spend the money on an exhause system and not be happy. I am not sure witch Flowmasters are on my Stang, the cat back was on it when i got the car, but the are not loud enuff.
If I'm not mistaken,... I believe this exhaust system setup will be for his father,... and if his father is ANYTHING like my father... *rollseyes* they won't want it as loud as you would want it.

You said it correct.... "you don't want to spend the money on an exhaust system and not be happy"... well IMO.. if he gets a 40 series for his father,... his father WON'T be happy!

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive it all the time, he is just a passenger. He doesn't really care if its loud around town, all our MG's are really loud so it shouldn't matter if the truck is, but he doesn't want it to be loud on the highway.
Thanks for the info on the 50 yaaabuddy.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Well yesterday i went to the exhaust shop to have some changes done( had a shitty day and new exhaust always helps) They took off my glasspack 1 in2 out, and put on the 40 series delta flomaster with turndowns right after the muffler,HOLY CRAP, does it sound good, I cant believe how much better it sounds. The turndowns made em a little louder but the deltas do sound damn good. Cruising you barely hear it, but you goose it a bit and pow, your scarin the pants off the hot chick next to ya :biggthump :biggthump .
Lol, girls buy new shoes, guys buy new exhaust. :woowoo:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
:stupid: LMAO
T.j. said:
Well yesterday i went to the exhaust shop to have some changes done( had a shitty day and new exhaust always helps) They took off my glasspack 1 in2 out, and put on the 40 series delta flomaster with turndowns right after the muffler,HOLY CRAP, does it sound good, I cant believe how much better it sounds. The turndowns made em a little louder but the deltas do sound damn good. Cruising you barely hear it, but you goose it a bit and pow, your scarin the pants off the hot chick next to ya :biggthump :biggthump .
Lol, girls buy new shoes, guys buy new exhaust. :woowoo:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got home with the Flowmaster 40 and Pacesetter headers being put on... ......so it wouild be difficult for me to attribute the new found butt dyno increase I am experiancing to both or one of the two...all I can say is with the duals I put on a couple months back and the new Flowmaster 40 and the headers....HOLY CRAP....life is good/sounds great....nice growl and WOT is impressive...I had the headers ceramic coated before we installed them to keep the heat down....I highly recommend putting the ceramic coating on any headers.....so with the headers/CAI/TB Spacer/SuperChips/Flowmaster/Champion Ceramic wires/NGK's/NAPA Brass cap/rotor/4:10 gears.....this thing is starting to run:) :biggthump

S

·
0 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Screw that crap.... I have a 50 series delta flow... and it's loud as a mother on the highway. On long trips you get a numbing sensation that continues on for hours after you've already met your destination.

If this muffler will be going on a vehicle for your father... I suggest getting the 70 series... it's quiet... yet it has a good tone when you want it to.

Paul
I agree with Paul here on this one. I put the 50 series delta flow on mine as well and cut off the 3rd catalytic converter. I had a nice sound too it before... not too loud and you couldn't hear it cruising. But as soon as I cut the 3rd cat off this damn thing is loud! I love the sound and all but it drones on the highway which it didn't before the cat cutoff. So thats another thing to keep in mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts