Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, frist of all I wanna say hi as I am new to the Durango forum. I had a question about alignment. I went to the stealership and talked to them about alignement. From what I understand, if you have a car with a solid rear axle then a 4 wheel alignment is a waste of money, as you can't really adjust back axle. I've worked on a few axle issues with older cars and I can't understand how a four wheel alignment would work. Do Durangos need a four wheel alignement or would a thrust angle be just as effective?

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
716 Posts
All you need is a front end alignment, even if the real axle is somehow out of alignment, they cant do anything about it except tell you that its out and charge you the extra money for a 4 wheel alignment...... unless you having an issue like dogtracking just get the front end alignment, also why u havin the alignment done at the dealer?...... Other shops do them for cheaper with just as good if not better quality as the dealer......i speak from expierence cuz i worked at the dealer and now im with an independant company and im still the same tech as I was the dealer that I am now...... dont be fooled by the dealer and think they have new top of the line equipment, they dont I worked for a used car lot who had a brand new alignment machine that costed 60 grand...... both the dealers I worked for had old crappy machines, got the job done good and well, but they were old and crappy..... hope this helps and hope u save some money :biggthump

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holla at cha. I was at the dealership checking on warranty information. A Dodge dealer in Dallas, told me that you could definately get the 4 wheel, but I wanted to check. I spoke with Huffines Dodge, who set the record straight, thier alignment is a reasonable price too. I deal with them a lot on my '00 Wrangler, so I know one dealer has it together. Thanks for the reply :biggthump

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
716 Posts
Woah woah hold up a second!....... They said that they could give you a 4 wheel alignment?....... We have solid rear axels, NON ADJUSTABLE..... maybe im not understanding what ur tryin to say here tho :help:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.