Dakota Durango Forum banner

4.7l twin turbo

28K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Tom Slick 
I have been doing some extensive viewing of turbo's for the 4.7 . I really like the idea of the rear turbo. Is it possible to run a single turbo with the GSM true duals? THe concept of two pipes/2 mufflers is confusing me, or does this open the door for a twin turbo, 1 turbo per pipe/muffler. I have gathered that most posts state to stay close to around 6 lbs of boost on stock internals. Given it would be possible to run 2 smaller turbo's say 3 lbs per turbo to achieve 6 lbs. Is it possible to run 1 turbo with the true duals? If so, how do and where do I place the turbo. :help:

I have the exhaust on order aswell as a few other goodies. I don't plan on doing the turbo tomorrow or next week, but in 6 months to a year as I plan to make sure everything else is built up and ready for a decent amount of boost. Possibly a 4.7 long block from KRC that is built with the heads/internals/cams and can stand a nice amount of lbs. But until then I think i'll just stay with the exhaust and tweak from there. :mullet:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.