Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nope its true....its mainly because of the reprogrammed pcm the HO runs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the owners manual for my 06 I picked up last night says it recommends 91 octane for the HO but it is not required.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They say that you can run 87 (regular) if you want, but it lacks the performance. No damage or anything.

But if/when you want performance, you gotta run the 91-93 (premium) stuff to get the extra power of the "H.O."

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
i been runnin 93 octane since i had the truck and didnt change over when i installed the H.O cams and intake

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
pachinko78 said:
I noticed on the 2005 Dakota info thread that the 4.7L H.O. is supposed to burn 93 octane. Is this true or is it a typo?
well for everyone that's commented that doesn't own a 2005 .. disregard them as they don't apply to the question asked.

if you have a 2005 .. the 4.7 HO engine was an option

HO cams and HO intake on a 2000 - 2004 4.7L does NOT a HO make.. lol

check out this page for the specifics/differences.. http://www.wjjeeps.com/ho_engine.htm

As for what you should run in a 2005 4.7L HO .. if it states 91 or better.. then run 91 or better. besides, you'll get slightly better mileage on 91 than 87 if that's something important to you. a few cents more a gallon per fill up.. or damaging something very expensive ... ? it's not like the manual says.. run 91 if you feel like it.. and 87 if you don't.. LOL ;)

(although the last line on the page i linked above states it just like that.. keep in mind all the specs on that page are prior to 05.. something may have changed when they put it in the 05 Dakota, timing, knock sensor settings.. or whatever .. so if it's in the manual that came with your 05.. stick with it i say) :drive:

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
No joke!,... you've got R/T wheels, and a Viper hood emblem... what is with that?

Paul

I have mutiple personality disorder with no sense of individuality :help:

any reason you feel the need to publicly bash my truck/taste buddy?

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
I was .. until you said 'no joke' and neglected to add smileys. :nono:

No worries.. remember, this is the internet Paul... you sometimes need to help the your text with it's tone, as it doesn't have any :huh:

I could say to you:
At least I don't park my truck over a curb to make it appear lower than it actually is, loser!

or..

At least I don't park my truck over a curb to make it appear lower than it actually is, loser! hehehee *wink wink* ;) :joke: :jester: :nana:

See the difference.. ? LOL :biggthump

I'm good if it was intended as a joke. Besides, I don't care if anyone badmouths my truck.. just do it behind my back, not in front of my face :D

back to the normaly scheduled thread.. sorry pachinko78

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.