Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys i just got the superchip for my 4.7 i got cams and intake installed already i tuned it up already i was just wonderin is it suppose to shift hard all the time or just when ya rev it up hard and one more ? bout the gas i been puttin 93 in it and it says 91 is there a way i can program it to 93 thanx all help will be thanked

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
there is no way to tune it up to 93 octane 91 is the higest it'll go. I felt the harder shfits at WOT.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Firmer shifts are only at WOT. I did the torque management mod in addition to the Superchips program and it DID NOT shift any firmer. In the performance setting the Superchips programmer must eliminate torque management. I see you have the HO cams and intake, in your opinion do they make that much of a difference in horsepower? Did you do any dyno runs or quarter mile passes before and after the cams and intake and if so what were your results? Sorry for so many questions but trying to figure out my next step. Thanks

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aight thanx man for that info and i did notice a diff with the cams and intake but havent ran it at the 1/4 yet with them and the superchip just got the chip yesterday and well the 1/4 my best run was a 15.5 thats without the cams intake and the superchip so i really dont know where im at right now and they havin a dyno run bout 20 min from my house cost 50 bucks for 30 min so as soon as i run it at the track and git my info for hp and torque i will post and let yall know but the superchip i think is great i can chirp second just bout ever time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts