Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,been awhile since I've last been in here.I have a question for 4.7 guys.I have a 2000 Dakota 4.7 all stock.I do have an air intake on it and thats all for now.I'm not really interested in more performance but that is always an added bonus.I want more gas mileage out of my truck with how the price of gas keeps going up.I drive my truck every day round trip 90 miles.It cost me $40 a week in gas for regular.
Would like to know what others might have done to increase gas mileage.Have any of you installed a paxton or promax super charger?????
Have heard that it increases power and mileage quite a bit.Any input is greatly appreciated.
Sam

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Heh, a supercharger increasing gas mileage.....I'd love to see that day.

Anyway, an intake is a set to increase gas mileage, but only if you include exhaust and a light foot. It'll be hard for the first few tanks after you get it.....it always.

I put on a bodylift and 33's, along with an intake and true duals, no clutch fan, and a Superchips programmer. I'm getting the exact same gas mileage as I was stock, so I must have done a few right things to keep it the same. Yet I still can't get more than 15mpg on all highway.....it's a Dodge though, I can't expect it to be any better than anything else.

S

·
0 Posts
2000 4.7 / I do 100 round trip a day and spend $85.-$90. on gas! Well, that was before cause now it's sitting in the driveway w/ a blown mtr..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts