Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 03 quad cab 4x4 , im lookin at ordering a 3 inch body lift. Im worried that this will show too much frame. And gaps in the wheel wells. I realize there are covers for the wheel wells but what about the frame? thanks guys , im new to the site and it looks great, lovin all the dakotas :clap2: !! pics would be appreciated D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes, it shows a good bit of the frame. I have a 2wd so I'm going to take it off my truck (it came with it on) and do a 2/3 drop on it.

It all depends on how big of tires you're going to use. With just about any body lift you are going to see frame.

It's not too noticeable in pictures with my truck b/c it's black... but it all depends on what you're looking for. That and my tires are WAAYYY too small for that lift.

·
Registered
373 Posts
performance accessories sells gap guards they are pieces of rubber custom cut for your truck to hide the gap between body and frame after a body lift. i recently had a body lift installed and i bought the gap guards im glad i did ive seen lifted trucks without them and in my opinion it just looks bad. and yes frame will show from underneath to me it looks fine but once again thats just my opinion. i have an 00 CC 4x4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts