Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
just not dark enough
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im running dual 2.5 flows and to be honest its just not loud enough for me lol my buddy is running true dual spintechs and they drown out my truck and yes i am very jelous just wondering if converting to a 3 in would make that much of a difference i love the sound of the flows just want it louder

thanks guys

·
Hunting Is Life!!
16,662 Posts
I dont think the pipe size will make it any louder really. IDK

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
get a different muffler

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
get a cutout for before the cat.

granted the cat wont meow anymore.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
you want loud, run just headers. i don't think 3 inch will be much louder. get different muffler(s).

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
3" will make it deeper, but no louder.

How many cats are you running? How many cats is he running?

I run a single 3" with no muffler...but I'm running the 3-cat 50 state emissions system. It's loud, but nothing to have cops come running.

Buddy of mine has an old Chebby with dual 2.5" and no mufflers. Single cat on each pipe. It's incredibly loud and sounds like any other straight piped 350. Like shit.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
right now im running dual 2.5 flows and to be honest its just not loud enough for me lol my buddy is running true dual spintechs and they drown out my truck and yes i am very jelous just wondering if converting to a 3 in would make that much of a difference i love the sound of the flows just want it louder

thanks guys
There's loud, and stupid loud...I prefer loud. I have dual 3" Magnaflows, no cats, dumped...It's perfect.

Leave the stupid loud to the ricers

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Spintechs are the worst sounding muffler people put on R/Ts, don't be jealous. (flowmasters are second, lol)

Explain your current set up better so people know what they are advising on.

·
just not dark enough
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im hearin alot of changin the muffler do you guys have any suggestions?

·
just not dark enough
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha na i got to have one lol not to fond of the no muffler sound lol

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
im running, a 40 series y'd to duals, sounds ok, but im kinda wanting louder also

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
yup +1

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
flowmaster makes a wide variety of mufflers - sounds like you have one of the quieter ones. If you like the Flowmaster burble but want louder volume, switch the mufflers with a different model (higher #'s = quieter, lower #'s = louder)

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
i got the flowmaster 40 series, i thought that was all they have besides the super 40s

·
Registered
84 Posts
from experience stainless pipes give it a better "ting" and you wont have to replace it again. i have done multiple trucks one was a 4.6 f-150 and we did a 3 inch after the cats no muffler then a Y into duals. another was a 4.8 GMC with 3 inch true duals and it created a lower tone but when he stood on it was loud. but if you are re doing your exhaust to make it loud i would recommend 3 inch stainless 1) you will never need to replace it. 2) its a different sound.I would go with a super 44 or something along that line and then do a Y pipe
Would you be doing it your self?

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
run true duals, dumped under the bed, without an x-pipe. that shit'll be loud.
You'll loose power with that set up too. Get glass packs or straight throughs like twisters.

im running, a 40 series y'd to duals, sounds ok, but im kinda wanting louder also
slowmasters .... see above recomendation :nana:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts