Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the deal... I installed it bout 7 months ago and noticed a marked increase in the power and smoothness in the motor. I've decided to sell my truck (actually being forced to by the little woman... bought new house so either the truck or the mustang goes (mustangs paid for) can't keep both toys) so my buddy is buyin my cold air intake. I pulled the 360 off and installed the OEM POS intake back on the truck and boy was I shocked! The truck became slow again... literally. Doesn't feel like there is any power under the hood now. Okay the whole point of this thread is for anybody bordering on buying a cold air intake - GET ONE!! You won't be dissapointed. Great looks, great performance, and great price if you go with the 360AirIntakez . So get the ole credit card out and order one today. And no I don't work for them - i am just that impressed with the product.

P.S. If anybody is interested in an '02 Graphite Club Cab Dakota with :
4.7L V8
Auto Trans
3.55 rear
R/T suspension
PW
PL
Tilt
Cruise
A/C
Overhead console with the trip computer (mileage, temp, time all that)
Slate Gray interior w/ 40/20/40 front buckets
CD and Cassette
Foglights (all lights Xenon)
Fender flares
Tinted windows
16 x 8 rims with excellent tires

All maintenance records - never been in the shop
Oil changed every 3000 miles on the dot

I'm probably forgetting stuff but if you have any questions just email me at
home .

I am asking for the payoff of $17,000 but willing to work if the offer is reasonable enough.

(will post pics if I can ever figure out how)

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey rage, it's too bad you have to sell the truck. at first I didn't understand because you bought a house and had to get rid of it, but if you have a paid for mustang i understand. Another thing by any chance did 360 intakz sponsor you? You seem to really like them. Don't get me wrong I think they are great intakes as well. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope no sponsorship (I wish!). I am just really impressed with the people, products and performance. High quality all the way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yea, that Joe is real cool I hung out with him for about four hours yesterday while he finished up powder coating my back drums blue for me. They definaly use high quality stuff he was showing me a few filters that all looked the same to me, but he showed me all the differences he relly knows his stuff. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Sic, You've got a really clean truck bro. I'm not a fan of low riders but yours is definetly the best I've seen. Who did all the body work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would the 360 thats made for 97-03 3.9 engines work on my '96 3.9? isnt it the same motor and such?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found out that it would fit, but i need to buy an air hat. where can i get one, preferably a chrome one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally if it was me I would go with the Powershot for 20 bux more. Although with the powershot you will get a bunch more intake noise than with the koolshot due to the open filter element. If you want quiet go with the koolshot if you don't care go with the powershot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
360 powershot

I just placed my order for the power shot. I can't wait to get it! I have heard nothing but good things from all of you and every one else!

Thanks for the info and advice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
installed!

alright, got it in and I am very pleased!

I love the sound, and the response is better, and I may notice a little more power. I think this will all settle in once I have driven a couple hundred miles and the ECU learns the new equipment.

so far anyway, I love the feel, sound, and quality of this product! very well built and a great price!

I have paid almost as much for only high-flow filters for other cars, so this is a great deal IMO.

Highly recommended! I will update later and let you know more about power and MPG.

thanks Joe!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
360 Ait Intakz

I too am extremely happy with the results on my 01 CC 4X4. Extreme difference in off the line! My theory is that it doesn't necessarilly add the horses as much as it speeds up the air getting to the cylynders due to bypassing the restrictive air hat. Much like a free flow exhaust.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sure it must add some hp. I would guess 5 or so. Anyone see an increase in MPG? I need to check out the web site but I assume they have one for the 5.9 motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw about 1 mpg around town increase. The problem is throttle response is a lot better so you tend to stick your foot in it more. Plus the sound is cool too. And yes they do have one for the 5.9L although on the site they are just showing the 5.2L but they are the same type anyway. Send Joe an email and he can answer your questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts