Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i put my truck up on the dyno for a dyno day at a local shop, found some kinks that i got fixed and well it was worth every second of time.

first pull made 428hp/434trq @ 10.32 psi

found a boost leak at the carb hat to throttle body contact, fixed that and then went for it again,

first pull made 535hp/589trq @ 15.8 psi

pulled some timing on the BTM box, and richened it up on the FMU and went for one last pull

made 560hp/608trq @ 16.05 psi with a nice 11.8: afr then let out at 4800 because i saw 12.8: afr's so i let out of it.

here is what it has:

engine:
318 5.2 stock cubic inch
EQ non ported heads with 2.020/1.625 ss valves
206 210 .480 .500 112 lsa comp cams
fully ported stock barrel intake
fully ported stock throttle body
9.3:1 compression

turbo system:
72mm garrett .84 a/r turbine t4
OBX truck headers flipped
3 inch crossover pipe
4 inch thick front mount
al 3 inch IC piping
hks 44mm gate
tial 50mm BOV

ignition:
crane 6 box
crane BTM box
crane dizzy
crane coil
crane 2 step controller

fuel system:
walbro 400lph in tank pump
92 fuel rails
-6an feed line
3/8ths return line
stock injectors
adjustable FMU
vortech blower carb hat with aux 60lbs injectors kick in under boost

stock trans
spec stage 3 clutch
stock rear end
3.90 stock gearing

this was on 91 octane, 1.21 SAE correction, i live in denver colorado.
462.507 uncorrected if any body is wondering.

was wondering if this is some kind of record or are there guys making this kind of power from a single turbo? didnt expect to make that kind of power! :mullet:

IMG_20120310_001256.jpg

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Damn nice numbers. I've heard that the stock bottom end is way stronger then most give it credit for though.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
Impressive! :drive:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes stock internals, when i pulled the top end off to do the new heads the cylinders still had very noticable cross hatching, almost like it was redone, but the owner before me said its the stock motor never been out of the truck which means it has 170,000 miles on it.

i didnt put a dial bore gauge down in one to double check the bore size but the pistons seemed stock to me.

when my tax return comes in i will be getting injectors and having it tuned on E85 on 14 psi.

is there any way to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor? im maxing mine out of course but when it hits 17 psi it starts to spit and pop and i know its the map going nuts.

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
I dont believe it. 16lbs on stock internals and head gaskets? No fucking way! Let's see... stock injectors, stock tranny and so on? Bullshit!

Who's our next guest Johnny?

·
Mopar for Life
282 Posts
I'm not buying either thats 408 boosted #'s and your a 318? Im 360 stock bore with P.I.E. dyno tune @ 7 psi putting down my number's with no cooler and a rear mount 68? Chris told me for around ever lb of boost I go up I might see another 30hp but the amt of Hp drops off as it go's up in boost.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i understand you guys dont believe me, i wouldnt believe this shit either!!!!
i wanted to see 380 thats what my goal was, but i kept cranking up the boost and it just wont die!!!

so to prove this shit is for real you want me to take a picture of the injectors in the truck i mean i can take a nice quick video of the truck and go over everything!

the trans has never been out of the truck along with the motor has never been out according to the previous owner when i bought it. i never intended on making this kind of power and i can assure you the dyno is correct and the stuff i said is 100% bullshit free!

what do you guys want me to do to prove this? tell me ill do it!
i shit my self when i saw the 500 mark had been broken, even the guys at the dyno freaked the fuck out!

ill post a video of it also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dakotanash- yes i am just waiting for it to let go, the whole drivetrain will give up the ghost one of these days, but if it lived through 4 dyno pulls of over 500 wheel then all i can do is wait, beat on it, and find out eventually when the time is now for it to all let go, i will be honest im not easy on this poor thing, the track opens this april, i WILL be launching it off the 2 step on drag radials at 3300 rpm. :)

@ misfit- i will post the video as soon as i get home and chop it up there was a few other cars on the video before mine. but you will see this thing in action tonight!

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
I dont believe it. 16lbs on stock internals and head gaskets? No fucking way! Let's see... stock injectors, stock tranny and so on? Bullshit!

Who's our next guest Johnny?
I made 592rwhp with 18psi from a Paxton and a set of 24lbers, on a stock bottom end. Duner has run 10's with an FMU and 24lbers. It's doable, especially with a turbo.

I'm not buying either thats 408 boosted #'s and your a 318? Im 360 stock bore with P.I.E. dyno tune @ 7 psi putting down my number's with no cooler and a rear mount 68? Chris told me for around ever lb of boost I go up I might see another 30hp but the amt of Hp drops off as it go's up in boost.
He's running more than double the boost you are, with a larger turbo. If you throw 16psi at yours, you'll be making 550+rwhp. No guarantees for how long, but it'll make the power. :D

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
yes stock internals, when i pulled the top end off to do the new heads the cylinders still had very noticable cross hatching, almost like it was redone, but the owner before me said its the stock motor never been out of the truck which means it has 170,000 miles on it.

i didnt put a dial bore gauge down in one to double check the bore size but the pistons seemed stock to me.

when my tax return comes in i will be getting injectors and having it tuned on E85 on 14 psi.

is there any way to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor? im maxing mine out of course but when it hits 17 psi it starts to spit and pop and i know its the map going nuts.
You need to ditch the FMU and aux injectors and go SCT with larger injectors and a 2bar map. I believe SCTs limit is 2bar, so you'd need to limit your boost to keep a clean tune. Then you can actually get it tuned in right and not go lean on the top end.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, once my tax return gets here im going to 60#ers and having the guys that dynod it they are an sct tuning shop they said it prolly has a good 5% power in it if switched fully to E85. i want to safely run 520 wheel i know it will last for a little while.

who makes a 2 bar map for these? or do i wire in a GM 2 bar?

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
in the e85 thread you said your running a stock nv3500 and i'd assume stock clutch, this makes it even more harder to believe that your making this kind of power especially when i the trans is only rated for like 350 ft lbs or something like that

·
Registered
364 Posts

The stock MAP sensor only can handle .5 psi. So how are you able to keep it from freaking out until 17 psi?

Yep, SCT can. 2 bar has been done, don't know about 3 bar but seeing the kind of resolution it has even in 1 bar (assuming proportional scaling, you have a column for about every ~11 KPA), I don't think I'd want to try it.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts