Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wealth of good info and opinions on this board leaves me full of questions. I would like everyones opinion on what the best setup would be for 97 5.2. Since I have an earlier model year and I believe only one O2 sensor will cutting the cat and putting on just a Flow cause the O2 sensor to go bad? I was planning to get a one in two out and having them dump in front of the rear tires :mullet:

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
I have a 97 5.2, But I have a post cat o2 and a pre cat o2, (one before the cat and one after) I put on a flowmaster 40 series delta after the cat and dumped it right out of the muffler. If you cut off your cat and run a flowmaster, your post cat will throw a code and thats not good. Get a o2 simulator for the post cat and you should be fine... right guys?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
mufflers dont have nothing to do with it. they are just mainly to give you the sound your after. as far as the cats go, check you local emmision stations first before you go playing with them. they are there for a reason. i have no choice here, i have to have one on, and it needs to fully work too. if you gut it out, you chance having a rich condition due tot he o2 sensors reading wha the motor is doing. the before cat o2 tests whats going in it, and the after cat tests whats coming out, and adjust the fuel to air ratio based on that to achive the appropiate levels set by the manufacturer of your vehicle.

or am i way off base here...?

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
mufflers dont have nothing to do with it. they are just mainly to give you the sound your after. as far as the cats go, check you local emmision stations first before you go playing with them. they are there for a reason. i have no choice here, i have to have one on, and it needs to fully work too. if you gut it out, you chance having a rich condition due tot he o2 sensors reading wha the motor is doing. the before cat o2 tests whats going in it, and the after cat tests whats coming out, and adjust the fuel to air ratio based on that to achive the appropiate levels set by the manufacturer of your vehicle.

or am i way off base here...?
Yea realdeal thats right on, I dont have emissions laws to worry about so I didnt think to say anything about that, and I was refering to my muffler for pure reference. And since he said thats what he wants. Thanx realdeal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts