Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to this fourm, as well as the the modifying world. I have a 1998 Durango SLT with the 318. This will be my first aftermarket part for my vehicle, I am looking for the best exhaust under $400 (before installation). I would really like to have dual exhaust but if a single would work good, then that would be fine. What I would like to get from the exhaust is a good MPG increase as well as a good HP/torque increase. The sound of it is not that important, but something that is a little louder than stock would be great, but I do not want something that is so loud that every little kid in his modified four-banger will want to race me. Any help or suggestions that anyone can provide would be extremely appriciated (ie: brands, places to buy, etc.). Thanks!

G

·
I have the same Durango as u but mine is a 99. I have been looking at borla headers and cat back system. But I have heard they are all about the same. Truckperformance.com has alot of stuff for durangos. I don't really care for JBA but it is all perference. If you want to help your gas mileage get a K&N FIPK generation 2. I have one on mine and it has really help gas mileage and performance. I have a couple others mods but those are for performance.

G

·
You might try just buying a muffler and having a shop custom bend tailpipe. I would recommend a Flowmaster 50 series 3 chamber and maybe some kind of stainless steel tip, Summit Racing has good prices on exhaust stuff but this is not a complete catback system you will have to take it someplace to have it put on.

G

·
Bilsdak what size pipe though. I'm trying to keep it stock looking so that everybody in the world won't try to race me. For single cause i don't want duals. I'm thinking 2.5 or 3 inch. But i don't know which one. Plus how are those muffler for performance. I want to get the most performance I can't get with it that's why I was thinking borla. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just acquired a 98 SLT+ myself as of yesterday. I am already getting the performance bug and I need better fuel economy. So I to am looking for a quality exhaust system that is going to give this to me whether it be a cat back system or not.

G

·
Both Jegs and Summit sell Dynomax and Flowmaster cat back exhaust systems for under $200.00.

I have a Flowmaster Force II cat back on my Dakota. This is a system with 3" pipe and a 50 series 3 chamber muffler. Nice rumble but not loud. A slight perfromance bost rom about 2500 rpm up, no difference below that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts