Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
493 Posts
Whats up with this craze latley, before people would put the motor in the early model trucks because of the front suspension conversion. All the work you would have to do to transplant a different automakers motor into your truck could go into a carb 360 or 318 or shit a 400/440 with a torqueflight behind it. FOR CHEAPER :slap:

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
MagnumDak said:
Whats up with this craze latley, before people would put the motor in the early model trucks because of the front suspension conversion. All the work you would have to do to transplant a different automakers motor into your truck could go into a carb 360 or 318 or shit a 400/440 with a torqueflight behind it. FOR CHEAPER :slap:
Yes indeed.

·
7,610 Posts
mostly been what they can get their hands on, but ill go ahead and say it just look a lil harder and youll find what you want, its not always gonna be handed too you

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,250 Posts
Nemesis said:
http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/302camaro/index.shtml
thats the car. it was concept then they produced a couple more because i remember seeing a red one on tv and remember hearing that u could buy one.
not sure how many they produced and how they sold for. ill see if i can search around some more and find out.
You need to read a little futher into the article, The 302 they used is based on the LS-1 series engine, it is a Gen III, the original 302 is a Gen I.
To duplicate an original is costly, the pistons have to be custom made.
If you take a large journel 327 block and put a 350 crank in it you will have a 350.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
9t9-5.2 said:
You need to read a little futher into the article, The 302 they used is based on the LS-1 series engine, it is a Gen III, the original 302 is a Gen I.
To duplicate an original is costly, the pistons have to be custom made.
If you take a large journel 327 block and put a 350 crank in it you will have a 350.
i never said they put an original 302 in the newer style cameros.
it maybe be based off an ls-1 350c.i. but still 302 c.i. :nana:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
The late 80's 5.0 Ho engine is a good engine and is rated at 225/300 stock and moves a 3200 pound mustang down the road ok for stock. I would never put one in a Dodge truck. Build a 5.9 and do it right.

The 302 Chevy is bad ass. The 305 is a true 5.0 the 302 ford is a 4.9 and a half.

·
Registered
2 Posts
chevy had the 302's in the early Zs and was hard to beat with the right gears. Here's one for ya. 72 Monte Carlo with a 402. It was a 396 30 over from the factory. I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself. they are in the books, you can look um up

21 - 28 of 28 Posts