Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I Heart Boost...and M/T's
5,951 Posts
If its a ford....at least put in a blown 347 stroker, Oh yeah and that wont push a dak into th 10's like it will a stang. :sorry:

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
rt99three60 said:
or how bout a blown 408 stroker forget the ford motor :)
Be careful, you can also make a 408 stroker out of a 351W its actually pretty popular.

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
Daktari said:
Chevy also had a 302 I believe. The 5 liter trans am and Camaro
Werent those the 305? I know thats what was in my dad's 79 impala and his 77 camaro.

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
Wait, Im a dumbass, the 69 Z28 had an option for a 302. 283 with a 327 crank or a 327 with a 283 crank. I forget which.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
who cares--agian, why would you want a SMALLER engine than available on a STOCK truck?

dollar for dollar, the 318 will make more power when built. get a set of new pistons to bump the compression, ad a cam, headers, intake, and that 318 will make close to 318 hp for pretty darn cheap--maybe even more with simple cam swaps (it's a great deal--a stock camshaft costs the same to buy as a high performance camshaft, so go bigger!)

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,759 Posts
One more thing...the 302 Chevy motor was a limited run so they could get into Trans Am racing. Those motors are highly valuable and not something someone would put into a Dodge

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
the 302 chevy was produced in a good amount. not to mention a couple couple companys sell reproduced crate motors And chevy also made a couple 4th gen 302 cameros as a limited production run. i think they made about 1000 of those.

·
Crown on the Rocks
1,667 Posts
Yeah chevy had a 302 it was 327 block with 283 crank. I think it was rated at around 390 hp and could rev to around 7 k from the factory. It didn't have shit for torque though so it would suck in a truck.

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
Nemesis said:
And chevy also made a couple 4th gen 302 cameros as a limited production run. i think they made about 1000 of those.
Lets see a factory one. I have to throw the flag.

·
Sparks Connoiseur
246 Posts
Thats not a production car. They just built those as dealer specific cars. Kinda like how Berger Chevrolet was installing stroker motors into the Gen 4 Camaros. They just pull a factory car and put all the high performance goodies on it.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,759 Posts
DaKoTa-BoY said:
from 67-69 chevy made a 302 motor, put it in the z/28 camaro's
Exactly what I said - so they could go Trans Am racing...that's the only reason it was even done and was done with limited production #'s as the Factories had to sell a certain amount to be able to race.

Thanks for confirming...almost had to put the crack pipe down :nana:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts