Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 3" optimal, or is 3" too small on the Hemi for intake diameter size? I dont know what size they use on the aftermarket kits.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For the our 4.7L engines that make 230 HP we find improvement with a 3" air intake (not metal).

Now using that fact and applying logic... your HEMI makes 330+ HP which requires more air than 230 HP... why would you buy an aftermarket intake for $200+ that is the same size as the ones they sell for the 4.7sL (3" in diameter)? :biggthump

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't going to buy any really, I was just wondering because I was going to buy the mandrel bent tubing and make my own but didn't know what size it was.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
loudsubz said:
Is 3" optimal, or is 3" too small on the Hemi for intake diameter size? I dont know what size they use on the aftermarket kits.
The 360AirIntakez HEMI kit uses a 4" diameter tube, with a 9" x 4" conical xtream-end filter.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
loudsubz said:
I wasn't going to buy any really, I was just wondering because I was going to buy the mandrel bent tubing and make my own but didn't know what size it was.

thanks.
Where are you getting the mandreal bent tubing from? Aluminum?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOON'S D said:
Where are you getting the mandreal bent tubing from? Aluminum?
I'm still looking, I found lots of 3" but 4" is a little harder. I found one place in winnipeg but don't know what the price is yet.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I think you would be alright with 3 inch, you can only flow so much on a stock engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rgathright said:
Check Home Depot and Lowe's. That's where I went to build my 4" air intake.
don't they just sell ABS and PVC pipe? i have read it is not good because of the gases it releases

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
loudsubz said:
don't they just sell ABS and PVC pipe? i have read it is not good because of the gases it releases
ABS is fine, it's the PVC you want to stay away from.

D

·
0 Posts
PVC is fine too. Unless you are planning to eat, drink, or breathe through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts