Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was hanging out at a local hot spot for cars and bikes. We were there to meet up with some other guys for a bike race. Well we didn't end up getting the bike race off (bike wouldn't hook) it just spun (shi##y tire). Well I left there and pulled up at another spot where they were running some cars. One of my buddies saw me pull up and started asking the guys in the crowd if anyone wanted to run his "uncles" :jester: SUV. Everyone started asking where was it so I cruised down with my music blasting and parked. They were all over it. First we negotiated 2 races. There was an older model Chevy Caprice there....350, dual exhaust etc.. The car pulls up and you can hear the cam loping in this thing and it had a stall in it too! I started with the begging act then. I told them they had to give me something. They said they would give me 3 car lengths and let me leave first. It was also agreed if I won I would give an Acura Legend (4-door) 3 car lengths.

We both lined up and I just stomped it a couple times to make sure she would hook (295x50x16s--11.93" wide) no problem :mullet:. I held the front brake and brought my rpms up. One of my buddies was standing there to make sure we were both ready. I gave him the nod and stomped her. She left like a bat outta he##! I looked in my rear view about the 330 mark and he was waaaay back there. I lifted about the 1/8th until he caught back up a little then I laid back into her. Beat him by 3.

Next race, the guy in the Acura kept jumping before the flagman even put his hands up. I started getting pissed because my temp. was getting a little higher than where I normally run it. Finally I got tired, he jumped and I went after him. By the 1/8 I had reeled him in and I lifted on the big end a little and beat him by 2.

Everyone that bet against me was pissed by now and they wanted me to pop the hood because they thought I sprayed him. I told them I was not opening my hood unless they wanted to put some money up first. Some kid looked under my truck and said "He's got a cat-back exhaust and I hear a K&N filter under the hood" :jester:. I was trying not to bust out laughing. My SUV has a Walker dynomax with a resonator in front of it, so it's pretty quiet. Good thing the idiot didn't see the chrome headers :nana:.

Well now the car I beat the first time wanted a rematch heads-up. I started begging again and telling them my SUV is really heavy (which it is with the stereo equipment) and I need something. We finally agreed to try it and the kid switches drivers :bs2:. I looked up and said "NO WAY" and I would not run him unless they let me leave first. They agreed.....SUCKERS!!!

We lined up and I power-braked her to spin the tires to make sure she would hook. I brought up my rpms, my buddy looked at me and then looked at him. When he looked at him I left. By the 1/8th I had him by 2 cars and by the 1000 ft. I was already off the gas. I looked up and saw him closing in and I stepped back on it. I beat him by 1. When I turned around and came back everyone was already in the street yelling "Pop the hood you got Spray". I pulled over and hopped out my vehicle and the crowd surrounded my vehicle. I told them I had 500.00 that there wasn't Nitrous on my vehicle. We finally agreed I would go to a neutral spot and let ONE person look under the hood to check for nitrous. I chose the guy that was driving the car I just beat. I took him away from the crowd and parked under a light and lifted the hood. He looked and didn't see any Nitrous lines and told me "Good Race". I pulled back up and told my guys "Get the Money!"

After that everyone was done, so I headed to the closest gas station filled her up (since she was just about empty) and headed home.
SHE'S SLOW BUT FAST ENOUGH TO GET AWAY FROM THESE CHUMPS :woot: !

The END :jester:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know, the Chevy would have been roadkill heads-up by why run her that hard if I don't have to :biggthump. The Acura wouldn't have stood a chance heads up either, but that's racing and Money is Money no matter how you beat (ummm Sucker) them :jester:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys just trying to stick up for us little 4.7 guys. If I put her on a serious diet she would be a lot quicker, but this is just my everyday transportation. It has a full (heavy) stereo with a sub enclosure in the back. The box does help for traction though since it sits right over the rear axle. She doesn't spin any and just hooks and goes. If I took my tow hitch off that would help but then I couldn't tow my trailer. I may just remove the spare tire that would help a little since I keep a tire plug kit with me at all times. You should see the looks on peoples faces when they get :spank: by some SUV. I have to pick my battles wisely, but the one's I pick I give them all they can handle :drive:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I assume you are talking about organized street racing? I read no mention of a track....

Kills indeed, perhaps yourself or an innocent bystander if you continue such stupid behavior. :slap:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
4point7dak said:
nice kills-whats your truk run the 1/4 mile in? :clap2: :clap2:
I don't know what it runs in the 1/4 since the mods have been done. I have been waiting on the new cams before I dyno her also. I am waiting on another NO-TIME session at the track so I can run her. I don't want everyone at the track to know what it runs. Word travels fast. We do the same thing with the bikes we race, they are GRUDGE bikes and we don't post times on them either :biggthump .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
beeper said:
I assume you are talking about organized street racing? I read no mention of a track....

Kills indeed, perhaps yourself or an innocent bystander if you continue such stupid behavior. :slap:
Sorry YOU feel that way, I was just sharing with everyone. I would post more on your comment but I am not here to get into a PISSING match with anyone. I am simply here to learn and share the little bit of knowledge I have gained through some of my experiences. So once again SORRY IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Baby Hemi said:
I am simply here to learn...
I certainly hope you can learn that street racing is dangerous, illegal and irresponsible. I have seen the tragic results first hand of such activity and believe me it's not pretty.

Your sharing of such exploits only encourages more of the same and that's not a good message to send. For your sake if you continue this kind of behavior I hope your luck holds out and no one is killed or seriously injured.

I'm all for racing but in it's proper place..the RACE TRACK. ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I am saying about this is it did not occur on any public streets or highways. If you choose to be judgemental then that's up to you and you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone comes to this forum and posts about their racing ventures. Do you get on everyone's posts and question the legality of their races? You are the only ONE who has anything negative to say. I'm done have a nice day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Baby Hemi said:
You are the only ONE who has anything negative to say. I'm done have a nice day.
I don't see what it proves, and you said none of the runs were heads up. But I get it you showed the other racers your SUV's faster. I mean "He's got a cat-back exhaust and I hear a K&N filter under the hood" what an idiot!

-Peter

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PeteKach said:
:sorry: Sounds like you have a nice setup. Why not run it at the track and see what she does instead of messing with cars on the street?
Well I did say it was not on any PUBLIC STREETS OR HIGHWAYS. I will run it at the track when they have another No-Time event. The guys that I hang with we all grudge race. We race cars and motorcycles. We grudge race (for money) most of the time at the track. On occasion we do run on the street in out the way areas. I didn't spend all this time and money on my vehicle and bike to just drive them around. If I can make some money back off my investments I do. Sorry but that's just the way it is. I just won't post any more about it since I have obviously offended someone and those were not
my intentions. The bashing is not necessary either though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.