Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have upgrade recomendations and possibly new mounting location ideas? My stock coil seams to get wet to much and causes my truck to die when it rains!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
mjjrt said:
Anyone have upgrade recomendations and possibly new mounting location ideas? My stock coil seams to get wet to much and causes my truck to die when it rains!
Well, you could get an cylinder style coil, and mount it somewhere else, say the firewall, but I say it's just as vunerable there. How bout fabbing up some sort of splash shield instead? Does it get that flooded where you're at? I've gone through some pretty deep water, and haven't had any problems. (knock on wood).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Try the MSD SS Blaster coil and mount it on the firewall. Mounting it high up on the firewall buy the distributor should keep it dry.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: MSD Blaster SS

With the MSD Blaster SS (part # 8207), is there an adapter cable I can purchase so I dont need to cut off my connector supplying the origional coil or do I just cut off the connector and attach the wires?

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
mjjrt said:
With the MSD Blaster SS (part # 8207), is there an adapter cable I can purchase so I dont need to cut off my connector supplying the origional coil or do I just cut off the connector and attach the wires?
http://dakotausa.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=16609

This is what I did when I installed my MSD ignition. Same procedure can be used when just installing a coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts